Nipissing Pike

mattmacewan

haven't fished since late June when the Shads rolled in....

went out tonight for a quick troll - picked up a couple nice fall hammerheads.

this one was 36" on the nose and fat 23" G, just a shade over 15lbs. Another in the boat - 24". Not a bad couple hours on the water...

*weighed it twice - on my mechanical boat scale (apparently broken) and on the home scale (also apparently broken) - will have all future fish taken to town to be weighed & documented before posting.

Edited by wallydiver44

Sorry but I can't see the picture of the 15lber?????

It was removed on the edit apparently. I don't see why people care about how big a fish is, both the person who caught the fish and the others that see it. Maybe it's a competitive thing. I just like seeing the pictures, like Lew's beautiful West Bay muskie!

Yes I did take it down and no I won't repost it...here's why.

I didnt post it with the intention of having armchair rod wielders sit back, hide behind their computers and essentially call me a liar with regard to fish weight. 2 of the first 4 people who responded in this thread did so, and I can't be bothered with it.

I'm relatively new, and if this is how things work on this board - I haven't got time for it.

I realize there are people who are skeptics & pessimists out there but if you can't say something nice (about a man's fish) then keep your mouth shut.

I didnt post it with the intention of having armchair rod wielders sit back, hide behind their computers and essentially call me a liar with regard to fish weight. 2 of the first 4 people who responded in this thread did so, and I can't be bothered with it.

I'm relatively new, and if this is how things work on this board - I haven't got time for it.

I realize there are people who are skeptics & pessimists out there but if you can't say something nice (about a man's fish) then keep your mouth shut.

Ah yes, Welcome to OFC, get used to it.....once you have 6000 posts your golden.

5822 to more go :thumbsup_anim:

... just remember, whenever you post a fishes weight in a forum such as this... you may be inviting undesirable replies.

I've found it best just to leave the weight out of the report and let folks use their imigination, the majority will guess on the "heavy" side anyway.

Hard to believe that it's nearing the end of August already --- sounds like a very nice fish! How deep were you trolling? The summer I worked on Nipissing, I remember just starting to get into the big ones around now, then had to go back to school :wallbash:

A release shot would have given a better idea as to the size of the fish anyway..

This is a forum, everything posted here is subject to debate.

The subject of diplomacy best be left to people who know better, but that was just plain un-called for.

HD

wallydiver44,

I'm the fourth guy that responded to your post and I'm sorry that you feel this way. Certainly was not my intention to "call you a liar" as you stated above and was just an observation of the pic that was posted. What I saw did not, to me, appeared to be the size of a 15Lbs pike that you posted.....but that's just me. :)

I'm no pro at this, shouldn't take it so seriously......appreciated your post and hopefully will reconsider.

Leechman

Wallydiver this happens all the time here and on other boards I'm sorry I did not get a chance to see it. I to dont know why some have to complain when a person shares there day out hope this thread did not chase you away this place does not usually get this way for another month or so. I also dont think you need to have 6000 posts to be able to have a good post. I do know alot of people who left boards for just the same reason that some can not seem to jsut say nice fish or add nothing if they have nothing to say. I have a couple nice fish from a few weeks but with me holding them I will not post them as they look alot smaller then they are a fat 26" pickerel looks very small with me and the girth she had does not show. Next time just leave the size out as you will always have one or two who have nothing good to say.

This responce is not directed to anyone member just how I feel for the way alot of boards have gone. and is the reason there are some good posters who have left the net.

I have a couple nice fish from a few weeks but with me holding them I will not post them as they look alot smaller then they are a fat 26" pickerel looks very small with me and the girth she had does not show.

Mike no matter what fish you hold it's going to look small

Wally congrats on the fish.

Mike

Ah yes, Welcome to OFC, get used to it.....once you have 6000 posts your golden.

5822 to more go :thumbsup_anim:

Cory, I don't know what's wrong with you these days. I'm sorry if you're not well. I wish you wouldn't slam the community everytime you came online. Please try to be more civil when you're with us. Thanks Bud.

Wallydiver, that was a good fish. Regardless of what it weighed, it's still a nice pike. Don't let people get you down.