Transom savers

Radnine

I'm running a 50HP Honda and when trailering always use mine. When we went into Bisco this June I think I would have been a bit shook if it were not for the security of this device. 50+ miles on logging roads could have done some nasty damage.

Remember though, Radnine that a transom saver will save your transom only if you use tie-downs.

Maybe its "common knowledge" but a lot of people have gotten burned by not knowing or doing the basic things:

-use rubber straps to hold your transom saver to the Lower Unit and the trailer.

-tie the back of your boat down to the trailer with tie-downs

-undo your trailer lights before putting the trailer in the water.

-check your trailer wheels every few hundred miles.

-I use the trailer winch hook and safty hook. does anyone tie-down the bow?

forrest

If you have the clearance it is better to tow with the motor all the way down.

If you dont have the clearance and you have to tilt the motor then you need the transom saver.

Curious I am, is there a general rule of thumb regarding how much clearance you should have between the road and the bottom of the lower unit that will help you determine if you can travel with the motor fully down????

Curious I am, is there a general rule of thumb regarding how much clearance you should have between the road and the bottom of the lower unit that will help you determine if you can travel with the motor fully down????

(largest speed bump you can find) X3 - (the number of $100 bills in your pocket X 1 inch)

We've always traveled with the motor fully down. I guess it depends on the boat though (15' Legend with a 40HP 4stroke Honda). Always used tiedowns in the rear and never unhooked the lights when putting the boat in the water.

Never had issues with the lights.... Always used bearing buddies and my dad keeps up on the grease jobs :)

We've always traveled with the motor fully down. I guess it depends on the boat though (15' Legend with a 40HP 4stroke Honda). Always used tiedowns in the rear and never unhooked the lights when putting the boat in the water.

Never had issues with the lights.... Always used bearing buddies and my dad keeps up on the grease jobs :)

Your lights are sealed, so are mine. However, if water gets in: kaploooey!