Anyone Ever Been Bitten

Musky or Specks

The other night while I was sleeping something bit me at about 2am. It hurt like a dude snd its now two days later and it disgusting. Its swollen up and purple and leaks bloody puss with black bits out of the puncture.( I beleive the black bits are coagualated blood.) I'd feel like a wuss if I went to the doctor for it. Ive been treating it with Peroxide and alchohol as well as taking Ibuprofen and antihistamines. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced ? We dont have black widows or brown recluses in the K-Dub but what other kind of spider in SW ontario could do this?

I would go to the doctor, spider bites that get infected can be very serious. The poison and infection can travel through your bloodstream and become toxic. Not worth risking your life bud.

Get it checked out soon.

Google spider bites and you'll see.

Joey

I thought you were supposed to be an intelligent human being? Don't you know the longer you leave something like that untreated the worse it will get and the longer it will take to heal? Not to mention complications like blood poisoning and tissue loss! :stretcher:

Seek medical attention today!!!

Edited by Greencoachdog

POST PICS POST PICS POST PICS

my old man was bit years ago, it was all swollen just like urs, then years later it turned into a cancerous tumor which needed to be removed.

maybe get that checked out..

on the bright side, dipping your senko into the puss gives it an aroma that fish cant resist. kinda like gulp!

Bly was bitten by a Hobo spider before. It got pretty nasty, infected and painful. Ended up on some good drugs to get rid of the infection, but it didn't heal for quite some time. Hobo spiders are found in Ontario....do a search on pics of these kinds of bites on google....they can get quite nasty.

Go to the doctor...

I was bitten by a Hobo spider while sleeping one night. Wasn't sure what it was so like you, treated it at home. The bite area continued to grow and the surrounding tissue only got redder, more tender and more swollen. Treatment was heavy antibiotics and thankfully I only have a small scar, could have been much worse.

The other night while I was sleeping something bit me at about 2am. It hurt like a dude snd its now two days later and it disgusting. Its swollen up and purple and leaks bloody puss with black bits out of the puncture.( I beleive the black bits are coagualated blood.) I'd feel like a wuss if I went to the doctor for it. Ive been treating it with Peroxide and alchohol as well as taking Ibuprofen and antihistamines. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced ? We dont have black widows or brown recluses in the K-Dub but what other kind of spider in SW ontario could do this?

You believe you may not have any Black Widow spiders in that area, but don't believe everything. Black Widows populate Bruce County, not that far away and we do have them in the Borden/Lisle area. A couple have been caught and placed in jars for the troops to see. Being a wuss can cost you.

I got bit by a spider and had a bad reaction once. The infected area was about 6 inches in diameter, was raw, itched like crazy and continually grew a thin translucent scab over it. This lasted for 2 weeks and ruined a fishing trip for me. Very unpleasant.

Mine was way worse than that pic too.

See a doctor. Now.

forrest

Edited by forrest

My dad got bit once up in Barry's Bay.

He's got this old mentality that he'll be okay. A red line starting going up his body towards his heart. Once it passed "ramala -da -ding - dong" things got serious... went to the hospital and was under IV and all these drugs for two weeks.

Venom/poison isn't fun stuff to deal with.

I've actually seen a Black widow in Bruce county...sauble beach to be Exsact.

My Mother found it and FREAKED OUT!!!

So we all came to see it before Dad..errr...well lets just say he disposed of the potential issue.

Rare, but yup they are around.

Now if they are in K-dub...I'm out! :o

But now you GOTTA post the Findings when you get treatment..inquireing minds want to know

But My bets on a Hobbo spider, it fits the M.O.

My Daughter was bit by one on her back....she was playing "under" the deck, and got tagged.

She has a massive welt, that wept, and the sore was raw and weepy for a week after the fact, and bust blood vessles all around the site.

The doctor perscribed her a cream, and said if it gets worse, to come back but that was it.

Still has the scar, but it healed up in about 2 weeks.

It wasn't a Black Widow bite, theirs is a neurotoxin that affects the central nervous system... with symptoms of labored breathing and convulsive like tremors. Drop for drop, the Black Widow venom is one of the most poisonous venoms known to man.

This sounds more like a necrotic type venom that disolves the flesh, but may just be an allergic reaction to a milder type venom.

I have an allergic reaction to Tick bites with pretty much the same symptoms, nothing else bothers me... but a Tick bite will give me fits and send me running to the doctor! :stretcher::wallbash:

I want to thank everyone who convinced me to go to the doctor. A good call. I now have a shunt installed in my hand and will be receiving daily intrvenous treatments as well as daily professional changings of my dressing. Hobo spider bite was the diagnosis. I go back in three days and they will decide whether to go to a stronger antibiotic. Regardless it looks like I will have a small scar. Funny thing was all the doctors and nurses in the hospital kept coming in wanting to see the bite because none of them had ever seen one before. So I was like a temporary teaching exhibit for the staff. Kind of embarassing really when the bite is just above your pubis.

Edited by Musky or Specks