Burying the needle NF

Clampet

What about you Jed? You ever opened up the Clam-pit mobile?

I had a little motorsickle in my younger and much more stupid days, a Honda 450 CME 5 speed OD.

Left Naples Florida and pulled into Miami 50 minutes later, 110 miles on the Tamiami Trail... straight and flat, 110 mi. in 50 min = 132 mph.

Guest skeeter99

yep actually 2 cars

my 1992 daytona with a turbo charger 220 kmh and my 2002 durango (on a drag strip) I forget how high the speedo goes, but I got fast enough for the vehicle to shutdown (it has a speed limiter) as do most newer cars these days

Is there we all admit to breaking the law. :clapping:

Don't tell my folks this....

My pops Z24... had a V6, was a standard, got it to 195km/hr with my then daredevil girlfriend egging me on. Took that car a long ways to climb to that speed and I remember that steering being good and touchy. It was before they repaved the stretch between Perth and Balderson though.

Ma's Lumina. It must have had a limiter for around 180km/hr. Me and some teenage buds got chased back from Ottawa to Perth by a few tough guy RMC boys we kind of P'd off. (total misunderstanding) They weren't so tough when they met my dad with Betsy (his crowbar) but we were still chicken shats and wondering what the hizell my pops was thinking calling 3 of them on when he hunted them down at the local Mac's Milk.

A Chev Silverado got it up to around 180-185km/hr, that's it. Long straight stretch outside of Cochrane.

Had the Renegade reach 187km/hr on very hard pack, pretty much ice. That's a bit of a rush, could've maybe kept climbing a little but there was a corner ahead and I was a scaredy cat.

2002 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R, 175mph indicated. I am sure it was off by a bit...

Made a run from Ontario street in Lincoln to Victoria Ave in Jordan harbour.. Used to do it with a few buddies of mine at around 3-4am.. No traffic and dead straight.

A 750 iL Bimmer that wouldn't get over 225 kph by the speedo, but the guy in the Mercedes beside me couldn't pull away. Not sure about some of the others. Probably the Ninja was the fastest bike I had, although there was one slightly modified Triumph 650 that turned 140 mph on police radar. That was scary. Have to do some thinking about the rest of 'em. The hairiest ride was probably on my modified sleds, particularly the older Blizzards. They had no business going as fast as we made 'em go.

JF

69 dodge Coranet 2 dr 440 4 barrel. Not sure if I barried the needle,but you can bet yer depends,I made me and my buddies crap our pants. Hell I was to scared to look down at the speedo as I was more worried about what I might hit.LOL

Sorry pop,I know you didnt know about this one. :dunno::worthy::angel:

I have probably topped out all my cars in my younger years but these days I fear the radar traps.

Here in Quebec if you get caught going 160 KPH that is 10 points and a $895.00 being on the road most of the time I now slow down.

Lets see some of my cars over the years.

1981 Toyota Tercel went 165KPH.

1980 Honda Civic 135 KPH thats it.

1980 Pontiac Grand Prix 175 KPH.

1979 Pontiac Parisienne 185 KPH.

1983 Chevrolet Celebrity 180 KPH.

1989 Honda Civic 180 KPH.

1999 Chevy Malibu locked at 170 KPH.

1994 Ford Taurus Wagon 165KPH.

2001 Chevy Malibu Locked at 170KPH.

2003 Chevy Malibu locked at 170 KPH.

2006 Chevy Malibu locked at 180KPH.(current car)Until I change this year for a 2008.

1982 Yamaha Seca 750 top speed 190KPH.

1985 Kawasaki Ninja 900 had that up to 250KPH (155 MPH) Many times.

2000 Honda Odyssey I am not going to put that to the end No way not with a minivan.

I know a friend of mine had his up to 200KPH but there is no way I am going to try that.

Good thread Paul.My stupid days of speed are over I go watch racing now.

:thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Mike the Pike

I had my bmw going 250 km/hr(it would do that all day and was planted). Went from Dubai to Abu Dhabi in 37 minutes (137 km trip)

Also had an infiniti and it went about 240 245 km/hr. I took a pic of speedo doing this.

I also had a jeep grand cherokee that was about 240 km/hr as well but I only got it up to 220 km/hr and it scared me

pic if infiniti speedo

speeding.jpg

Edited by Cudz

Hmmm...

Not sure about this thread. There's a lot of young folks on this board and I hate to see them influenced by glory-tales of speeding, especially coming from some respected older generation members of this board.

Those roads may look dark and empty at 3 in the morning, but 150 k/hr goes real fast and it might be that you don't see my kid pulling away from a stop sign and heading into your path. I'm just saying.

I don't post a ton to the board (mostly cause I cant seem to get out fishing enough!) but I sure as hell read it 2-3 times a day. And this is the first topic thats made me uncomfortable. Anyway. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

don't post a ton to the board (mostly cause I cant seem to get out fishing enough!) but I sure as hell read it 2-3 times a day. And this is the first topic thats made me uncomfortable. Anyway. Just wanted to get that off my chest.
every vehicle I owned up to about the age of 40 I buried the needle on each one

See what you have done Terry.LOL

I never did my high speed on a major road.It was always on the new roads that were unpopulated,but freshly paved.

Not like these guys that race and dart inbetween traffic on the hwy. :(

Theres a nice piece right now here ,that is going into a up and coming industial property.

I just may head over there and see what the 150 has in her.

Edited by misfish

Hmmm...

Not sure about this thread. There's a lot of young folks on this board and I hate to see them influenced by glory-tales of speeding, especially coming from some respected older generation members of this board.

Those roads may look dark and empty at 3 in the morning, but 150 k/hr goes real fast and it might be that you don't see my kid pulling away from a stop sign and heading into your path. I'm just saying.

I don't post a ton to the board (mostly cause I cant seem to get out fishing enough!) but I sure as hell read it 2-3 times a day. And this is the first topic thats made me uncomfortable. Anyway. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Good point, but I'll bet that a lot of the parents here would be relieved if they were certain that driving too fast and/or drinking a few beers was the worst thing the kids were doing.

JF

Hate to break the news but most bury the needle storys are crap!

All new cars have goveners on them !!!!

1991 mustang 5.0 155mph to the pin on 401 and got caught!

Z24 has a govener on it...... no 240 as claimed possible!!

Most cars top out at 170 to 180 :) due to govener

you will find very few cars that will do over the 180kmh mark before computer shuts them down!

1984 Toyota Supra 150 mph on the 401 between london and chatham.

Took a while to get her up that fast, and I slowed down cause she was going to explode I think lol

God I loved that car.... nothing like throwing your buddies back in their seat whenever you wanted to!

This is worse than a fish story topic........

1 out of 10 stories are true!

I drag raced for years and would love to see a everyday driver hold onto a car at some of the speeds being claimed !!!!!

Let alone if you check the motor trend top speeds for cars being posted!!!!! there way under........hmmmm

Edited by MoiraRiverMan

Now I am not saying he did or he didn't but you should never doubt. I know a guy with a renegade that runs 12 seconds flat in a 1/4 mile and he does it on 33" tires and a 4" lift I believe (he used to run 12.7 on 37").

My grand cherokee had a 5.9 with a bunch of engine work include complete ecu swap and I ran 100 shot of nitrous. Nothing could touch that vehicle on the street in an 1/8 mile race. My friends lightning that was putting down about 500hp at the wheel would only just beat me at the finish line in 1/4 mile. I have learned not to doubt some times.

i know of another 5.9 grand cherokee taht runs 10.8 at 124 mph in the 1/4 mile. Don't underestimate the jeep especially a 5.9. They look like any other grand cherokee only they are special ;)

I used to have a vid of the renegade but now only pics

http://www.jeepfan.com/readersjeeps/fuzz401.php

This is like my 5.9 only it has a few more mods.

This guy now can run 10.8 now.

this is one of my fave vids

Don't doubt what people say. Sometimes they tell the truth

This is worse than a fish story topic........

1 out of 10 stories are true!

I drag raced for years and would love to see a everyday driver hold onto a car at some of the speeds being claimed !!!!!

Let alone if you check the motor trend top speeds for cars being posted!!!!! there way under........hmmmm