Biggest Muskies

Roy

that was a totally awsome show this morning folks,they were true trophy once in a lifetime fish for sure,and marc thorpe is one very smart and knowlagable fisherman/guide,i would love to go on a guided fishiung trip with hime.....and aaron that was a great show keep up the great work :worthy::worthy::worthy::thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Man were those muskie huge!

I would have missed the show if it wasn't for this thread. Thanks Roy.

Great work Marc getting on the fish! You're a great guide on the water and a great guy off the water! Cheers, and hope you get onto some even bigger fish this year!

Stan

Thanks everyone on the great feedback of the show. Upon talking with Aaron after they boated the second fish, he knew what the odds of that ever happening where let alone being caught on video, and was extatic that he would be able to share it with everyone. Being a fisherman and editor for the show I couldnt belive the footage that was handed to me. Like with all our shows what you see is what happend on that day reguardless of species, or in the case of "Day of the Giants" 30 mins out of 3 days fishing less some bleeps LOL. Thanks Darrell

Well the bad news is that I'm not at work this morning due to a sore back (physio starts Tues), the good news is that I can watch the show :D

Maureen

Sorry to hear about the ailing back Mo.

I missed the show, but hope to catch a repeat.

Thanks all for the nice comments,for a couple of years now I've fished with Aaron on the Niagara for Steelhead and lakers,I was introduced to Aaron by a very close Friend Darren Goldenberg (Darsky) a few years ago on our very first trip out to Niagara.Steve Bedarf was the very first person I went to to revive the Lake Simcoe restoration project during my tenor as President of MCI,during our works together all 3 of us became very good friends .

For those who dont realize how big Steve is,I could curl in a fetus position and fit in his belly :w00t:

All fun aside,both guys are great wonderfull people and whom better to share prob one of the best days ever filmed on Tv with,I would suspect the 2 biggest true measured muskies ever filmed,a unique moment in the history of Muskellunge fishing

We all hear stories but these were true and both were not tail pinched as tail pinching is the legal method of measuring fish but in my perspective its an un-natural form and length added of approx 1 inch.

Although I seldom girth fish unless I see a valid reason for this extra handling,I always do all my measurements in the water,it is the truest natural form of measuring fish in their natural state

We have no idea what the weight was,I would suspect both were in the 40 pound range

Very glad everyone found it informative,Aaron and Darrel did a spectacular job and placing forth this info

Lew,Obessive ,compulsive behavior,thats why we do what we do

Mrs Eh,why I sound like I do,if you remember Drooppy in the cartoons of days long gone

As Steve Bedarf would say

"I 'm Happy"

Those interested in reserving days,I have started taking reservations for 07 dates,first come first serve

The show will be on Aaron site and my site along with many others I've done

Thanks to TJ and the Mods and all OFC'er's for allowing us to show you this and many other unique moments we experience throughout the season and years

Maybe we could see the Gillesp with Maina in action in the near Futur,ever see anyone jump like a little girl :w00t:

Those who missed it

http://www.gettinghooked.net/Episodes.htm

Be well

marc

Edited by marc thorpe

Thanks for all the great feedback guys and gals. We are glad you all enjoyed the show :D I would like to thank the best fishing website in Ontario OFC and admins (especially Roy for posting this reminder), and everyone else that helped to make this day (and season) possible.

Good fishing!

Aaron

Checked it out online as well. WOW!!!!....is all can say. :worthy: Maybe i should spend more time fishing the Ottawa. Hopefully a trip up to the french river, will be a memorable one this June. Thanks for making these available online....great quality video. Someday soon i will be looking to book Marc Thorpes guiding service. So he can hook me up with those monsters too :thumbsup_anim:

fishinonthebrain

:Gonefishing: