Favorite fish for eating?

Angler16

Most fish for me compare to beef tenderloin or great lamb and I'd eat all sorts of fish with equal enjoyment to those meats.

Of all the trout, small brookies are my favorite, fried whole in butter.

Of local freshwater I'll take pike over walleye and whitefish, BBQ'd on the plank.... with garlic butter.

Of all salmon I like Atlantic, again, cooked on the plank.... maybe with a little apple-curry, or maple salsa garnish.

For chowder if I can get arctic char that's the bomb. Most flavourful.

Of southern Ontario fish I'll take perch over anything... except maybe crappie which I can't remember tasting but know I have. Battered and deep fried with a good squeeze of lemon.

Louisianna or blackened catfish... droooooool!!! LoneStar used to sell it with shrimp, was a favorite but not enough people ordered it so it got canned. A shame.

Tried many ocean fish but I'd have to say halibut is number 1, followed closely by grouper and mahi mahi. Red snapper and fresh yellowfin are pretty darned good also.

A favorite... impossible,

Nothing like a thick Atlantic cod fillet. A close second cold water northern pike, walleye, perch... Not much into the 'new species' that the supermarkets are retailing.

Saltwater: Halibut

Freshwater:

Crappie

Walleye (Under 2 lbs)

LM Bass (under 2 lbs)

Small Speckies

GB Steel/Salmon

Whities

Of the from fish I haven't tried: Burbot is at the top of the wanted list followed by Wild Arctic Char.