muskoka bassin report

snagmaster

hey guys, johny bass an I headed up to the muskoka sto do some slop fishing. The morning fishing was not to shabby. We caught a 4lber, a 3lber, a 2.5lber, a 2lber and alot of 1lbers and dinks. All fish were caught off soft plastics and flippin jigs on the edge or deep in heavy slop. Around 1pm the fishing completly shut down. It was hotter then hell out there. we kept fishing till 5pm with no luck and headed home. It was a great day on the water. We could of caught some more fish but I guess we should of got there a little earlier to catch the morning bite before the heat rolled in.

thanks for reading and goodluck on the water.

heres a few of the fish

IMG_0757-1.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760-1.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report. This lake is one of those lakes where you either catch a hundred bass, or you have to fish hard for them. This was one of those days we had to fish hard for them....

It was a bit disappointing, because I wanted to show Alex some huge numbers, but we caught a few decent ones,I lost a few decent ones in the slop(I noticed later my hook was bent open),Alex lost a pretty big Pike, and many, many dinks,so there was a lot of action in the morning. Come afternoon, they shut down. Tried to look for the smallies but they weren't home and Alex doesn't like pike fishing.

All in all it was a great day. Got my first Largie on the jig and pig for the year! But I think I got the wrong ones! Alex reminded me I was using 3/8 last year, and I grabbed a whole bunch of 1/4 ouncers! I guess I will only use them for 5 feet and under.....

Anyways, still had a great time and looking forward to my camping trip next week!!!!!