Kind of a weird momment

Cudz

I don't know aboot you... but if I've got my britches on, I have my license! :whistling:

If I want to stop by the side of the road and fish I can, if someone ivites me on an impromptu fishing trip... I am sooo there! :Gonefishing:

You might be a Redneck if you've used a fishing license as a form of I.D... guilty as charged! :rolleyes:

that's funny you say that about if you have your britches on,you have your liscence....me too,mine is in my pocket as we speak :lol: , in my bank card protector, is my bank card,fishing liscence,and PCO card, always keep them all together, heck for the most part I don't even carry my wallet around as much....and I have also produced my fishing liscence as another piece of ID besides my drivers liscence....my birth certificate is in about 10 pieces in my wallet from getting wet before..reminds me I need to get a new one cuz the wife wants toi go state side soon for some shopping and goffing off with the kids

Edited by jwl

So a police officer is trying to do his job (Ride program I think you said), he engages you in a bit of conversation, simple enough question "can I see your fishing license?" What is the big deal, he didn't threaten to charge you or anything. Man I'd really hate to be a cop; do your job and everyone rabid dogs, don't do your job and everyone rabid dogs.

Unless he was undually agressive or used excessive force then get over it and be thankfull that there are people out there that do try to serve and protect.

A big Amen on that, well said.

So a police officer is trying to do his job (Ride program I think you said), he engages you in a bit of conversation, simple enough question "can I see your fishing license?" What is the big deal, he didn't threaten to charge you or anything. Man I'd really hate to be a cop; do your job and everyone rabid dogs, don't do your job and everyone rabid dogs.

Unless he was undually agressive or used excessive force then get over it and be thankfull that there are people out there that do try to serve and protect.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Police can only have CO authority if the body of water is in their jurisdiction. Next time ask the cop what his jurisdiction is.

ALL Police Officers in Ontario can enforce a PROVINCIAL offence ANYWHERE in ONTARIO.....not only are we law enforcement....we are also PROVICIAL OFFENCE OFFICERS.....

Edited by FishnNAutographs

Perhaps he was engaging you in a conversation to determine if you had been drinking or not.

yup. that's exactly why he asked.....i forget the term that they use (course i took was a while ago) anyway....if someone is intoxicated, he or she cannot do more than one thing at once. So, perhaps asking for his licence to see how he fumbles through his wallet could be a clue........besides.....if you're drunk you always tell the police that you're hammered right??????????????

c'mon....all i gotta say is WHO CARES lol.......

The cop asked the passenger for his license too. There was no need for that. Does RIDE now give passengers breathalyzers? Sounds like the cop probably couldn't do two things at once....he screwed up the interrogation. :rolleyes:

If he wanted to check for a stolen boat he should have asked for the ownership or run the trailer plates.

forrest

Just a guess here sorry to come off strong but maybe he was just doing his job, a cop can ask to see anything in my wallet and I would gladly show him, I could question his rights and he could call MTO to check my vehicle over lol know what I mean

Fork up your license and show your not hammered and get on with it!!

Now if he asked for a pair of your wife's panties that would be different.......

Maybe cops like this feller will keep the one's that wont play by the rules away from the waters :)

Lets say you hitch up the boat and tow it 1 hour to the lake and forget or lose your license. The local stores have none to sell.......it can happen. Eating a 90$ ticket while fishing is one thing; having to deal with a cop asking for it at RIDE is another, especially if your not driving!

forrest

Lets say you hitch up the boat and tow it 1 hour to the lake and forget or lose your license. The local stores have none to sell.......it can happen. Eating a 90$ ticket while fishing is one thing; having to deal with a cop asking for it at RIDE is another, especially if your not driving!

forrest

If you forget or loose your license DONT FISH ..... harsh........but thats the rules.

If you admit to fishing.........Id say driver and passenger are both fair game to be asked for proof of license.

Even if you didnt have them.........being no fish in in boat......... Im sure he wouldnt have done nothing more than make you aware of the laws and penalties of fishing without a license. Now having fish in the boat........ Different story :)

Ya know, if everybody complied with the "Authorities", we wouldn't have all those dumb shows on TV.. that would leave more time for quality programming like UFC, Hockey Night in Canada & the Real Fishing Show!!!

Ummm.....like I said before....it's not a big deal...move on

I think people get too wrapped up in everything. Let it go...it didn't violate any of his charter rights, he wasn't given a ticket, and he went home after a day of fishing.....

geez.....can't we all just drink in peace...err...i mean get along????

I had no problem with him asking me for my license I was just caught off guard. I like cops. I too figured he was just buying time to determine whether or not there was alcohol involved. My back sass was not designed to offend him. I was just surprised he asked for my fishing license. I am pretty sure he knew the boat was not stolen (see below description of boat)

Here is what the cop saw. 1985 red(faded completely) ford pickup. The number 01 (general lee style)spray painted on the side of the door (the number 1 is even backward). On the driver's door it says "Jimmy" on the passenger door (unfortunately where I was sitting) it says "Jimmy's girl". On the front of the truck it says "mater". On the back it says "Git R Dun". On the rear quarter it says "Pimpin since '71". The wheelwells have been sawzalled away (got rid of the rust) and it has big tires on it.

In the bed of the pickup the cop saw my boat. It is a 1960 12 ft aluminum. It has 2 paddles made out of fence board. It has no motor on it and it has a flat patio stone as an anchor. It has one battery and an original humminbird LCR 2000 fishfinder (1988). The name on the boat is Tony.

The guy driving has huge hair and a goatee.

I don't like to stereotype or profile but I too would have suspected alcohol.

Here is a pic of the boat and the driver of the truck.

boat1.JPG

I had no problem with him asking me for my license I was just caught off guard. I like cops. I too figured he was just buying time to determine whether or not there was alcohol involved. My back sass was not designed to offend him. I was just surprised he asked for my fishing license. I am pretty sure he knew the boat was not stolen (see below description of boat)

Here is what the cop saw. 1985 red(faded completely) ford pickup. The number 01 (general lee style)spray painted on the side of the door (the number 1 is even backward). On the driver's door it says "Jimmy" on the passenger door (unfortunately where I was sitting) it says "Jimmy's girl". On the front of the truck it says "mater". On the back it says "Git R Dun". On the rear quarter it says "Pimpin since '71". The wheelwells have been sawzalled away (got rid of the rust) and it has big tires on it.

In the bed of the pickup the cop saw my boat. It is a 1960 12 ft aluminum. It has 2 paddles made out of fence board. It has no motor on it and it has a flat patio stone as an anchor. It has one battery and an original humminbird LCR 2000 fishfinder (1988). The name on the boat is Tony.

The guy driving has huge hair and a goatee.

I don't like to stereotype or profile but I too would have suspected alcohol.

Here is a pic of the boat and the driver of the truck.

Jeff Foxworthy would love you boys.

That explains a lot :lol: .

I like the mods to that little tinner. The front deck & bow mount, nice!

Yeah some nice mods. lol

HEre is the deal.

I got the boat for free.

I got the bow mount motor for free

The wood for the platform I got for free

The fishfinder: free

2 batteries: free

I have 2 motor (none of which run very well). I have a 4hp mercury and 20 hp chrysler. both, you guessed it, free.

I paid $10 for the rod holders.

I paid $15 for the screws, bolts etc

I paid $6 for a new piece of wood for the transom and also made a paddle out of it

I bought a cannon downrigger and ball for $5 at a garage sale.

I spend a couple of hours tapping all the rivets with a hammer on both sides at the same time to stop the leaks (it still leaks a bit but not too bad)

LOL

The pickup and boat are a perfect match. I will plost pics of the pickup later today