Bassin' with Fishnsled

ccmtcanada

Will is such a great guy! He invited me out on his boat on Saturday...and it was a perfect day. The morning was a bit cool, and when we arrived at the launch, there was a mist over the water.

01mist.jpg

The day started out slowly, with no fish in the boat until finally, mid morning, Will catches the first bass of the day!

02willbas.jpg

You know, he seems like a pretty nice guy, but when it comes to bassin', he's pretty competitive. Here he is nosing another boat out of where he wants to cast. See the look of disbelief on his face after he cut off this other guy?

03crowds.jpg

It sure paid off though, after pissing that guy off so much that he left, he casts in there and lands this beauty.

04willbass.jpg

We then headed over to some docks and he pulled out one of the biggest rock bass that I've ever seen!!

05willrockbass.jpg

Will ended up catching the last fish of the day...this beauty....

06willbigbass.jpg

Thanks for taking me out Will...and letting me be the official photographer of the day. I thought you were inviting me fishing....maybe next time you'll let me make a few casts? I'm not complaining, just that this is a fishing board and all...

=======================================================================

The real story...

Will caught all those fish shown in the pics...as well as a bunch of others we didn't bother taking pics of. Me? I caught a rock bass and a perch :wallbash:

I did manage to hook into the biggest fish of the day, but since Will doesn't have a 20 foot handle on his net, I didn't land it.... :lol:

If you get a chance to fish with Will for bass, you'll learn a TON about fishing the slop as they say. His reaction time is impressive and I have a LOT to learn as far as working baits are concerned.

Oh yeah...that guy in the other boat is his buddy...he came over to chat while as we moved along the shoreline....LOL.

Edited by ccmt

You're a funny man Cliff! :lol: Great to spend the morning with you. Next time try setting the hook and you'll get her to the boat, it's not like carp fishing you know. :P I'll vouch for Cliff, he had the biggest one of the day on and it jumped and said goodbye, probably in the 3-4 pound range. We've got her address so we'll have to pay her a visit in the near future. Thanks for the report.

You're a funny man Cliff! :lol: Great to spend the morning with you. Next time try setting the hook and you'll get her to the boat, it's not like carp fishing you know. :P I'll vouch for Cliff, he had the biggest one of the day on and it jumped and said goodbye, probably in the 3-4 pound range. We've got her address so we'll have to pay her a visit in the near future. Thanks for the report.

Hmmm....don't know if I can trust you!!

I'm looking through my plastics and he points and says "That's the hot bait there...use that". I put it on and start casting. I then look at what he's throwing and it's not only NOT the same bait, it's a completely different colour.

He also gave me the hooks to use. On my last cast I noticed that the he had crimped all the barbs down and cut off the tips of all the hooks. :dunno:

Other than all that I suppose I will try to set the hook more next time. Good thing I had the dull hooks though cause on a few hooksets I almost dinged myself in the head.... :lol:

Oh yeah...that guy in the other boat is his buddy...he came over to chat while as we moved along the shoreline....LOL

When I seen that pic,I said "no way" There is not a angler out there that would do that.

I got to get a trip down with Will.

Nice work there, Will. We need to arrange some fishing time this summer. Chad & I are heading out on Friday I think.

Hmmm....don't know if I can trust you!!

I'm looking through my plastics and he points and says "That's the hot bait there...use that". I put it on and start casting. I then look at what he's throwing and it's not only NOT the same bait, it's a completely different colour.

He also gave me the hooks to use. On my last cast I noticed that the he had crimped all the barbs down and cut off the tips of all the hooks. :dunno:

Other than all that I suppose I will try to set the hook more next time. Good thing I had the dull hooks though cause on a few hooksets I almost dinged myself in the head.... :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

The bait I told you to use was the hot bait......according to my buddy. I was just to lazy to put one on and used what I had rigged already. Now I have to see if I can find another bag or two of those baits, inventory is getting dangerously low. :o:D Sorry about pinching down the barbs and taking the ends off of your hooks, it won't happen again....honestly..... :whistling::D

Edited by fishnsled

Great report Cliff. Will is definately a great guy.

Looks like it was a fantastic day. We were out Sunday and it was also a bit brisk in the morning. We were hunting Salmon but there were so may baitfish we never hooked into any.

Joey

When I seen that pic,I said "no way" There is not a angler out there that would do that.

I got to get a trip down with Will.

Anytime Brian, I'll meet you halfway or even come up to your neck of the woods.

Nice work there, Will. We need to arrange some fishing time this summer. Chad & I are heading out on Friday I think.

Absolutely - it's been too long. Talk it over with Chad and we'll set something up. Maybe even ask Dave to join us if he can.

Guest Johnny Bass

Great report. Had me going too! I was starting to think less of fishnsled.lol Looks like you caught a few fish and had a great time. Thanks for sharing.