Eagle Lake report

grt1

Each spring we get together at Eagle Lake and have a few beers and wet a few lines. My buddies come in from Alberta and Thunder Bay to share some great times with just the boys (ok, we're old guys, but we're young at heart)

My Buddy Ron has a camp (cottage to you southern ontario guys) and we use 14 and 16 foot boats to brave the waves.

This year we had a little good luck and nailed some really nice walleye, and some lake trout.

SUNP0010.jpg

here's my buddy Ron running up a creek into our lake trout hole. The fish aren't huge but they are dandy eaters

SUNP0032-1.jpg

You can see I'm enjoying being guided instead of having to do all the work.

SUNP0021.jpg

SUNP0024.jpg

the previous 2 pictures were Me and Ron showing off our catch.

SUNP0017.jpg

And of course shore lunch is mandatory when it takes an hour to go up the creek to get to the trout lake. (Beans and weiners and beef stew mixed together, some fresh rye bread and a shot of rye to wash it all down. )

SUNP0035.jpg

one of the walleye my buddy Dick caught. For a guy from the prairies he sure could catch fish.

Thinking of this weekend is how I make it through the winter.

Edited by grt1

wow

seeing a post like this really brings a smile to my face. especially since i do this kinda of thing with my budds now.

its great that u still get out there with the friends and get a few in the boat. thats awesome!

nothing beats a tasty shore lunch!

tips up