Jiggy Jiggy from my eyes....

Monique

Thank you for all the kind words on T.J.'s Jiggy Jiggy report. I thought I'd add my two cents in. T.J. has been posting reports on the camp for a while now, and no one appreciates his hard work more than me and the kids. So THANK YOU HONEY!!!

I have to say that this last trip was one of the best family vacations up there.

Yes it rained a lot, but that's what rain gear is for, and yes the bugs were bad (I have more bug bites than there are stars in the sky), bug shirt and bug juice came in handy…I guess LOL. But you can't buy the fun and memories that we had on our last trip.

Not only did we laugh and spent quality time together but we actually caught fish!

While T.J. and Avery ventured with the 4-wheeler, Jaden and I stayed at camp alone for the first time. We had a blast…we did arts and crafts, watched a movie, listened and danced to music, fished off the dock and somehow she managed to talk me into a very cold swim in the river.

A few new things that T.J. added for us this trip that makes our lives much easier, the Instant hot water heater from Canadian tire - what a marvelous toy, makes washing dishes a lot easier, and hot showers at night are a welcome.

Here are a few things that T.J. does for us that make our trips awesome….

1 - He does the majority of the work outside so we don't get eaten by bugs

2 - He sets the minnow traps so we have bait

3 - He lights a pic in the outhouse in the morning so we girls are more comfy

4 - He placed a curtain in the tent for privacy when we are changing

5 - He's outside at night filling the buckets with hot water so the kids and I can have a hot shower before bed, he's always the last to have a shower

6 - He's always the guide when we are in the boat with the kids, he let's the kids and I fish while he runs the boat, the only time he'll fish in the boat is when Jaden or Avery are tired of fishing

7 - He always cleans the fish, I refuse to learn how LOL

8 - He always cooks the fish cause he makes the best batter in the world

9 - He's our tech guy, with the tv, projector and anything else that has a remote.

All in all he does a great job to make sure everyone is happy and content.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from our trip……

img_1182.jpg

T.J. is his robe after a hard day work

img_1608.jpg

Jaden enjoying the evening breeze

img_1381.jpg

Avery enjoying Marshmallows by the camp fire

img_1507.jpg

My Prize Fish

dsc06518.jpg

Hot Water for Dishes

img_1276.jpg

The flowers that Jaden picked for me - I believe they are wild roses

img_1365.jpg

And of course…..the view

In conclusion….I hope that everyone that reads this post ends up bringing the family or a loved one out fishing or camping because pictures are only the reflex ion of great memories.

Guest Johnny Bass

Good to hear the family is enjoying the little peace of paradise you purchased. Sounds like T.J is in contention for the Father/Husband of the year award!

Oh and congrats on the monster pike!!!

Monique you guys have a amazing place up there I love fishing that area. The work that has gone on over the last two years is crazy like I said before you guys have done so much and worked so hard it is nice to be able to share it with you both well all 4 congratz on everything you guys have from the deep south of ON

I can say with all honesty that he's been this way as long as I've known him. :thumbsup_anim:

And this award winning picture, well I'd say you both oughta keep a close eye on her before some modeling agency runs off with her. ;)

img_1608.jpg

Good of you to brag for him Monique cause lord knows he wouldn't.

I have to say, that was a very heartfelt post Monique, I'm verklempt.

The reason: I don't get flowers much or a card on valentines as Paul says it is a money grab and that there are more ways to be romantic than spending money on flowers that die or a card you throw away.

He thinks romance is doing things for each other, like all the things you listed above that TJ does for you and your family. I agree!!

I would much rather have him do the little (and big) things that make my life easier while fishing, camping or in everyday life, and all that kind of stuff that some may take for granted, than have a card or week old wilted flower. I appreciate it so much, and obviously you do also

So this post really hit home Monique. Hats of to TJ for your sacrifices. I know of what Monique speaks :thumbsup_anim: I have a man who does the same for me.

Joey

Ok ok ok....you gotta stop with these kinds of posts. I had an image of TJ, and his last thread and this one is destroying that image!

Come on...you expect all these people to believe he's a nice guy like that??? LOL.

Seriously though...it's great to see the family side. Seeing you all up at Lakair shows that you all work together amazingly well! Oh yeah...you should write more reports too...this one is GREAT!

Hope to see you guys again soon!

Ok ok ok....you gotta stop with these kinds of posts. I had an image of TJ, and his last thread and this one is destroying that image!

OMG!! haha I was thinking the same thing....more on the lines of...wow a sasguash sounds pretty good. hehe

Monique...you are a blessed woman...but TJ is a chosen man.

Here are a few things that T.J. does for us that make our trips awesome….

1 - He does the majority of the work outside so we don't get eaten by bugs
2 - He sets the minnow traps so we have bait
3 - He lights a pic in the outhouse in the morning so we girls are more comfy
4 - He placed a curtain in the tent for privacy when we are changing
5 - He's outside at night filling the buckets with hot water so the kids and I can have a hot shower before bed, he's always the last to have a shower
6 - He's always the guide when we are in the boat with the kids, he let's the kids and I fish while he runs the boat, the only time he'll fish in the boat is when Jaden or Avery are tired of fishing
7 - He always cleans the fish, I refuse to learn how LOL
8 - He always cooks the fish cause he makes the best batter in the world
9 - He's our tech guy, with the tv, projector and anything else that has a remote.

He does do a lot, doesn't he???

But don't sell yourself short Monique, I remember a picture of you TJQ posted when his back was out of whack about 2 yrs. ago*, it was a picture of YOU hauling in a full wheelbarrow of split firewood for the wood furnace at home, in the middle of a cold dark winter.

Glad you and your family have that small slice of Heaven up there.

Monique it seem yous and your family have life all figured out. It can`t get any better then that. Enjoy it as long as you can as soon the kids will be at that age when hanging with the parents isn`t cool anymore and life will move on. But on the positive side you have TJ well trained and he`ll be there still.

Mike