Can't Believe its been 7 Years!

capt_hooked

Leslie and I would like to thank all the OFNers for making it up to Lakair again this year.

We appreciate the business, but more importantly we enjoyed your company!

My apologies for not making it out to Tombstone for the shore lunch this year. I hope to be better organized next year as that lunch is as much fun for me ... as it was/is for you!

Just spent a couple of hours reading over all the posts. It is great reading the comments and some of the pictures are incredible! (is there an OFC photo contest?) I am disapointed that I did not get to hear the OFC Anthem, so I want all of you to practice it well and we'll be expecting to hear a performance next year.

On a sad note, Leslie lost her mother on Thursday evening....... Mary was 78 years old - a wonderful mother, mother-in-law and grandmother. She loved spending time here at the lake - I think she appreciated the quietness, the water and the trees; we shared that feeling. Mary, you will be greatly missed! There'll be an empty chair on our back deck, a reminder of a sweet lady.

the cap't and leslie

Yes, that is very sad news Kevin. I hope Leslie is coping well with it, as she knew it was coming, but it does not make it any easier.

Please give her our deepest sympathies. We may be back in August and can talk then, I was upset that we did not get a chance to say goodbye to Les when we left.

Joey

Allow Patsy and I to extend our deepest sympathy in the passing of Leslie's mom. I can imagine the trips to Timmins were long and tiring, but greatly appreciated. Must have been quite hectic in these last days with everyone in camp and the trips to the hospital. An amazing and wonderful lady Leslie is. Again, our heart filled sympathy to your family.

It was great seeing you and the family again, I had a teriffic vacation!

I'm sorry to hear about Mary's passing and wish you all the best working through this difficult time.

I hope to see you again in August.

-Brian

Our thanks to you and Leslie for another great year. This was only our second, but you can be sure next year will be our 3rd!

Also, very sorry to hear about Leslie's mother.....our thoughts and condolences go out to all the family and friends.

Cliff and Carole.

Kevin & Leslie, we didn't make it this year, but will next year. Diane and I extend our deepest sympathies about the passing of Leslie's Mom

just JOHN

Thanks for helping to make another OFC GTG a great success. Although Barbara and I never got to meet Mary, I'm certain that she was a special person, our deepest sympathies to you and to Leslie.

Kevin!! As always you made my stay as enjoyable as ever, looking forward to many more in the future. Thankyou for your hospitality and early morning coffee and chats. My deepest sympathy for your family in this time of loss give Leslie my best!!! Hope to see you in September Mike

Kev,

Sorry to here about Mary. You have our deepest condolences...She sure did hold her own over the years I new her. We are gonna miss her dearly....

Give Les a big hug from Carol,she really miss's her.....

On that note,yes I must agree....7 years since the first G2G...amazing how time passes us by..

Not to worry about the Tombstone fish fry. It was a rainy day from what I can remember. Always next year :)

Oh and by the way,your not allowed to buy any more fishing tackle for at least a year cause there just isn't any more room left on the wall to put it !!!!!

Cheers !!!

Sorry for the family's loss Kevin. Give Leslie a hug for us and we'll see her again on her way thru town, we hope...and if not at your retreat on Hwy 64. Thanks again for the hospitality and setting aside a cabin for Leah and I for the G2G.

Wayne

I am sorry to hear about Mary.... I have talked to her on my visits and will miss them in the future. I hope that the passing of her from your life is balanced with the greater place she has gone.

I also am glad to have gotten up their to see all of my Canadian brothers and sisters and had a chance to stay with you all again. As always the food and the visiting is one of my favorite parts of coming to Lak Air.

Art