Carp Carp Carp.....and Carp

ccmtcanada

It's been a while since we've posted a carp report, so after the great night we had last night, I thought I'd share a few pics!

Fishnsled met up with us around 830pm last night to fish and to catch up on our recent fishing trips. We had a little action fairly early on, but no takers. Just as we thought it was going to be one of those nights, with Fishnsled on the phone (of course), he has a rocket take off!! All I hear is "I gotta go...I'll call you right back" and the fight is on. This thing was on steroids it seems. It stripped line off his reel thinking it was a salmon or something!! The fish finally came in, and with me at the net, he caught the first one of the night.

will1-2.jpg

A little while later, Fishnsled hooks up again and lands this nice one!

will2-2.jpg

It starting to get a little late, so after he caught that one, I reeled in and began to pack up. Just as I start doing this, Bly says "YES!! Got one!!!". This one didn't fight as hard as the others, but for some reason the darned thing wouldn't come in very quickly. Finally....the thing surfaces close to us and I thought "This is one BIG fish". Turns out it's Bly's new PB Carp. Measuring in at 37" and weighing 27 pounds 6 ounces!!

carolepb.jpg

We've gone out a few other times in the second week of June, but hadn't had a lot of success, but here's one that was pulled out of the same spot.

Cliff.jpg

And on a side note, my little one has been very interested in caterpillars. She had a tiny one that turned into a moth about a month ago, and Bly found a larger one (Tent caterpillar I believe) that she's been playing with. She built a lego home for it and puts leaves in there for it to "play" in. It finally built itself a "web" and holed up in there. We thought the thing died because it fell out of it and just laid on the bottom of the jar we had it in. I went to get rid of it and put a moth in there and the thing moved, so we put it back. Well last night, it shed it's outer layer and began to metamorphosize!! Our little one is all excited to see this turn into a moth. Here's a pic from this morning.....

small.jpg

That's all for now....hope to catch more fish soon!!

Thanks everyone!! Was definitely a nice surprise to pull that one in :)

Great catch!! WTG!! What were you all using as bait?

Congrats on PB!!

Daniel

OCH

We use spring feeders with ground bait and a sinking boilie on a hair rig. We have experimented with different presentations but the feeders and boilie are the most consistent.

great report Cliff, congrats Bly on the PB...thats a very fat carp. Quick question for you carp guys....can you get 'Dynamite Marine Halibut Pellets' over here?...the same dynamite brand also makesa good Marine Halibut boilie dip/additive....i have some plans for it next winter when fishing for whities

great report Cliff, congrats Bly on the PB...thats a very fat carp. Quick question for you carp guys....can you get 'Dynamite Marine Halibut Pellets' over here?...the same dynamite brand also makesa good Marine Halibut boilie dip/additive....i have some plans for it next winter when fishing for whities

I haven't ever seen it but there are limited carp supplies in our area, some of the TO guys might be able to help. Looked it up and it does look interesting. Will keep an eye out for it in my travels.

Great report Cliff! As always, it was great to get out with you 2 again.

Victor, my fish was pretty long but I'd like one long and FAT like Bly's monster. Congrats again on the PB Bly. :thumbsup_anim:

Limeyangler - I've never heard of "Dynamite Marine Halibut Pellets" but I didn't even know what a boilie, feeder or a hair rig was until a month or so ago. :rolleyes: Maybe one of the carp pros can help you out.

:Gonefishing:

We use spring feeders with ground bait and a sinking boilie on a hair rig. We have experimented with different presentations but the feeders and boilie are the most consistent.

We also do not chum the area with anything.

Whenever Victor/MJL/Wolfville fish there and chum the area, it messes up for a few days...LOL.

Just kidding, but we find these fish stick around pretty religiously from late April until late July.

Used to be able to get them in TO, but like Nash, they pulled out of the North American market. There is no market here as they say. I actually gave 3 bags of the dynamite pellets away to a newbie carper. I purchased them on www.ebay.co.uk.

Hope this helps,

Daniel

OCH

Ontario Carp Hunters will be at Bayfront park on June, 28. If you see us there feel free to come up to us, we have some hand outs. If anyone wants some of my own custom ground bait, give me shout, free by the way.

So the action is back, so should I be ;-)

Me too...Didn't miss much carpwise around here while at Lakair last week according to Crappieperchuunter...maybe give the dam a try tomorrow AM then get my bass stuff ready for Saturday...so many species....so little time...

Nice catches guys!!!