Opening Day Bass

danbouck

I unfortunately probably won't get out for bass opening weekend, i'll be at a family reunion up near the Sault, i'd better fish for something at least! Good luck out at Long Point, it'll be a zoo out there.

I unfortunately probably won't get out for bass opening weekend, i'll be at a family reunion up near the Sault, i'd better fish for something at least! Good luck out at Long Point, it'll be a zoo out there.

Always is! But this year I start fishing at 12:01 AM

I know quite a few people that look forward to bass opener just as much as a kid at Christmas, for me no real allure to go just "bass fishing" for the day, I figure I catch enough of them throughout the year while fishing for everything else that it doesn't matter...reminds me of a time me and a buddy where at camp trying to scope out a couple spots for pickereyes, the first spot we tried ..between the 2 of us we probably boated about 30 smallies of all mixed sizes in under an hour, it was litterally almost every cast we each had on on..it got to the point that we where laughing our mule off over the fact that we where cathcing so many fish but still though it was a bummer cuz it wasn't what we where after at the time.

33rd Annual Invitational Bass Classic. Good Friends and Traditions.

And like jwl said, I'm one of those that the opening of Bass Season is like Christmas Eve. The only thing that helps me get to sleep is the alcoholic consumption at the fire the night before! :lol::lol:

At work! :wallbash: But then up to the parent's place in Muskoka on Saturday night to take a few casts while it's still opening day...maybe even do a little midnight bassin'....? Hmmmm....won't have the boy-child with me....probably do a little secret back-lakin' on the Sunday.