Musky nets?

buckster

You have 3 main types/brands that are popular, all are in the $150-$200 range.

Beckman- Finsaver Magnum Pen Net

Frabil- Big Game or Big Kahuna

Stowmaster, not sure of name but the large one!

www.protacklemuskyshop.com, www.muskyshop.com or JB's Fishing Depot in Toronto

Edited by Pigeontroller

I had a craddle sitting in my closet for about 2 years.

I finally decided to give it a try last summer.

I was trolling believers when I got me a nice ski. Out comes the craddle, craddle the fish in the water, one good thrash and I got me a craddle stuck with believer hooks.

I had a heck of a time trying to pull each hook out.

After that, I rolled her back up and put her back in the closet.

I think she'll stay there. Frabil nets are the only way to go now.

Meely

Edited by Meely

I also have the Frabill Big Game net and am really happy with it. Although I think I would have purchased a Fin Saver now that I have the Frabill. The bag is not as stiff. Either way they are both great products. I bought mine from Stacy at Pro Tackle, great guy to deal with and great service. JB's has them as well just like Dax said.

I would trust just about anything Dax says actually, so go with what he said.

Although I think I would have purchased a Fin Saver now that I have the Frabill. The bag is not as stiff.

I somewhat agree Mike.

I've been using the Frabil Big Game for several years now and find the handle & hoop much stronger & far superior to the Beckman, but even after a lot of use the bag is still extremely stiff, plus it tapers to a point basically.

I prefer the Beckman pen-style square bag in that it's much softer, yet still fish friendly, and I find it easier to work on the fish with it rather than the Frabil bag.

I'm thinking very seriously about ordering a Beckman bag & using it with my Frabil frame, giving me the best of both worlds.

Excellent idea Lew! I consider the Frabil yoke to be far better and user friendly, but I really like the Beckman Bag. :thumbsup_anim:

Anyone that can afford the rods/reels/tackle to chase Muskie should be able to afford the proper NET. An old Salmon net can do alot of damage to a big Muskie's fins! <_<

Pigeontroller is right. I remember the first time i caught a musky and i didnt have the proper net and it did a lot of damage to the fish's fins, and felt pretty bad. After that incident i decided that i would purchase a proper musky net. Well worth the money if you ask me.