Back from Camp Jiggy Jiggy

TJQ

Got away for the weekend with Monique, and headed up to camp.. for a little... mmm... quiet time.

Had some small improvements I wanted to tackle, and was able to pick up two nice water tanks for 20 bucks each in New Liskeard.. a steal!! (and yes indeed the labels on them said fruit syrup!!)

We managed to fish at camp a few times.. the weather wasn't the greatest caught a couple of pike, but still no bass... id think i did miss a nice big pickeral though... we also found a new fantastic place to trap minnows at, so thats gonna help on the pickeral expeditions now.

Came across this fresh track on the way in...

track.jpg

First thing I did is get the Oil Stove I got put in.. its a 1951 (I think) duo-therm with a self contained 2 gallon tank... runs all nite on a gallon. Even the fan on it works perfectly.

stove2.jpg

stove1.jpg

The next thing we did was setup the projector so that we could get the Saturday Night fights on CBS. The canvas on the tent made a great screen.

screen1.jpg

And after a nice sauna.. some seafood and wine.. served on our fancy china!!

food1.jpg

Awesome time of year for the flowers around the beaver ponds as well.. i just thought these were awesome,

flower1.jpg

On the way out today, this little fella decided he would stop eating and let us take a few pictures...

bear1.jpg

bear2.jpg

bear3.jpg

bear5.jpg

bear6.jpg

bear7.jpg

Anyway... we had a great rainy weekend.. and although the fishing hasnt picked up yet... it was nice to take a break.

Who says ya cant be comfortable in a tent... LOL

Thanks all.. it is coming along quite niceley... next trip up will likely be after the Lakair event sometime!!! Last thing to do is to build a stand for the water tanks I got.. then... phew.. im done... lol... i know.. it will never be done.....

Glamping......

dang, nothing like roughing it up in the wilds of northern ontario. lol ive noticed alot of the bears up that way have that white mark on there chest. is that common for black bears or is that unique for that area? looks like a great time.

jason

Fruit syrups tanks eh? Does this mean you are all going to be smelling nice and fruity? Great looking place to get away, good for you, hope you have many many years of enjoyment there!

Canvas eh??????.....

hey TJ, is that a one peice canvas over the Jiggy shack? if so where did ya get it, or how did ya make it? I have been researching prospector style tents for a while now and am looking for something that fits directly on a pre-fabbbed frame? Everything I have found is either ridiculously priced or or not quite what I need.

I had that custom done for $3700 or so at Canadian Can Tex. Its got extra windows and a huge screen at the back,. The wood for the floor and blocks were about $1500. So I managed to put a 16x20 camp with a 12 foot porch and a good floor in for a bit over 5K. Far less than the cost of a cottage... also getting windows etc in there would be a pain.

http://www.can-tex.com/

Also I have a fabrene tarp over it .. ( http://www.fabrene.com/ )the canvas never gets wet... should last honestly 20 plus years..... Both Companies are in the North Bay, and Cantex made the tarp from Fabrene Material.

The smaller green tent I got from a fly in outfitter, and it came with a prefab frame... its been standing at Camp for 3 years now, and I know that the outfitter used it for at least 15 years. Its by Can Tex as well, comes complete with door... you can see the construction of it on my Blog... its the pictures at the VERY BOTTOM....

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...wblog&mid=3

When I was prospecting, I spent alot of time in these tents... I will say that anything below -10C, the big one is hard to heat.... (why I put the oil stove in....) I've spent a few -15 nites in it, and I'm glad I have a 5-star sleeping bag!!!!