My daughters first time fishing

Chanellesmonstercatch.jpg

Today was Chanelle's first time fishing. What a start she had !

This is the first fish she ever caught. :wallbash:

It was approximately 33" long and 20-25 lbs carp caught in Black Creek off of Lake Erie today.

She caught it on a "$13.00 kids special" fishing rod/reel combo from Walmart with a #10 size hook and a bread ball with corn.

The fish was so large, it almost pulled her in to the river. She only weighs 52lbs and the fish was approximately half her weight ! :worthy:

Chanelle hooked the fish and due to the the splint on her left hand( from a broken bone in her last Taekwondo tournament) she had to ask for some help from me.

She yelled for help and handed the pole to me with EXPLICIT instructions not to lose the fish daddy. :blahblah1:

She encouraged me along like an experienced fishergirl!

Chanelle got the net out and tried to lift the fish up, but could not. It was just tooo heavy ! :rolleyes:

Needless to say, she wants to go fishing again real soon ! :clapping:

An hour or so later, she caught a second one, all by herself, about half the size of this one and bigger than the ONLY one I caught today! waaahhh.... :wallbash:

And she is still rubbing it in my nose as I send this to you all. :blahblah1:

God bless

Chanelle and Ron Hunter

PS.. she wants to know if she can be an honorary member of Team 8 too? :unsure:

Here is a second pic to give you an idea of the length and girth of this fish >>

Chanellesmonstercatch2.jpg

Edited by splashhopper

Awesome stuff! Yep...when you start to bring the daughter's fishing, say goodbye to catching them yourself. I believe their pure spirits appease the fishing gods and they hook up exponentially compared to us parents....hehe.

She's a real cutie....hopefully a lifelong fishing partner!

Awesome stuff! Yep...when you start to bring the daughter's fishing, say goodbye to catching them yourself. I believe their pure spirits appease the fishing gods and they hook up exponentially compared to us parents....hehe.

She's a real cutie....hopefully a lifelong fishing partner!

Interesting you say that about us not catching them and they do.

I was blown away again by her ability to see the hits on her line when i couldn't. :wallbash:

I think i need to egt my eyes checked soon. <_<

She says she wants to go fishing with me again, so we are gonna try to make Monday nights a weekly deal for her and I while she recovers from her Taekwando injury. :clapping:

:thumbsup_anim: Congratulations Chanelle on your first carp and really good first at that!!! Look forward to reading about more of your catches :)

Splashhopper, that fish qualifies Chanelle for an OFAH award, she might enjoy the certificate.

Oh OH - looks like Bly is going to have some competition!! - W.T.G !!!

Don

:thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

No competition.....great fish and she is WAY cuter than I am.....she wins!! LOL

Nice first fish, you only get one FIRST FISH and you sure beats most of our first fish. Congrats for that achievement !

That fish in Vic's avatar was around 26lb if I recall correctly, it was his PB at that time. I was the one taking that picture.

Nice carp. Sorry but it's not 20-25Lb, That baby is pushing close 30Lbs easy. :thumbsup_anim:

When it comes to measuring a carp for weight, it can't be done. We tried different ways, and the only way is a scale or guess.

Congrats on you Daughters Personal best :clapping:

WTG!!

Daniel

www.ontariocarphunter.com