hey all..

jwl

hey everyone, just like to put a bit of an intro out there...name is Jack, I live in Fort Erie..of course signing up on the board cuz I love fishin.. :Gonefishing:

I am lucky enough to live right up the road from the Upper Niagara River, and have grown up being lucky enough to enjoy the 12 month a yearworld class fishery the Niagara Region has to offer. I love the challenge of multi species angling throughout the year as different fish come into season. I also have a trailer on Moira lake where I have enjoyed what will be now my 11th season fishing that area.

I love the family aspect of fishing and have shared alot of these values along the way with my 3 daughters..14...13..and 5 who all love the outdoors, fishing and boating adventures. I also love the different aspects of fishing with "just the boys" or a few solo missions along the way as well. I fish 12 months a year, be it from one of my boats or a good shore trashing mission. if I can figure out the posting thing, here are a few from a few of my missions, starting at about last spring to now...about 95% of my fishing is C&R as I don't often eat too many fish but I sure love catching them :P

317278723.jpg

from opener about 2 weeks ago

my youngest one getting in on the action...yes I know OOS it was a quick CPR and explain to the little one it has to go right back so it can have babies317279405.jpg

318608433.jpg

some Niagara Steel

318608432.jpg

hot day bass fishing...lot of "double headers that day!!!!!318608431.jpg

some cold January open water pikin'

318608430.jpg

kept a few for dinner318608429.jpg

318608656.jpg

gotta love musky fishin!!!

well that's a bit about me, and a bit of a revue of about the last 10 months of fishin for me, basically I fish for anything that swims..well, I find it hard pressed to fish for perch and panfish on account of I am not much of a keep my dinner guy :lol: I love fishing for species that have trophy potential and am always on the quest to beat some of my PB's along the way although i keep making it harder on myslef all the time.

Anyways i hope to become a valuable part of this forum...and share lots of great fishing tips along the way, I am definately not the kind of guy who is coming on this board as a newbie that's just out to try and score all your favorite fishing holes... :angel: I value are rescources and the sport we all love so much, I am a trustee for a local conservation club and work first hand with members of the club and the MNR as well in various wildlife,habitat, and fish enhancement projects, as a matter of fact right now I am helping to raise walleye fry in a rearing pond to be stocked locally in the next few weeks. I have helped the MNR for the last couple years to catch and tag walleye for thier studies, as well as collect hatchery brood stock to be raised ion the rearing pond at our conservation club property in the pond....don't worry folks, I am one of the "good guys"..but I am a bit of a nut job for fishin..rain, snow...,whatever..just like the mail man, heck I used my bigger boat more this past winter than I did all last summer :lol: was quite content using my smaller tinner for most of my summer fishing at my camp..here is a view fromn the back yard at camp ;)

318609322.jpg

Looky looky Jack, well then nice to meet u, hope to see u out there soon :P

hardy har har...gotta get out in my boat soon man.will catch up to ya later in the week..I am heading off to my camp tommorrow night after the wife gets off work for a couple days.

And thanks for the comments from everyone else, I am sure I can be a good contributer along the way :Gonefishing:

Hey JWL! What a great intro! Thanks for that...from the looks of it, you will fit right in on this board. You said something about contributing....you already have...not only with this intro, but with some awesome pics you added to my thread. Thanks!

Welcome aboard. One of my dreams is to, someday, have a summer cottage north of the border. Looks like you're on a great spot. So that's what a musky looks like ... been a couple years for me. Hope to land one this year. Good to have you on bard Jack.

Edited by Rich Clemens

thanks for all the welcomes guys and gals, I am sure you will see lots of fishing reports from me this season, I spend alot of time on the water, probably fish over 200 days a year easily, will have a good report to share from the next couple days too..headed to camp in a few hours :Gonefishing: