Family & Friends Fishing The Bay of Quinte

It was that time again time for our Annual fishing trip to the Bay of Quinte this weekend for 4 days although the weather was cold and rainy we all managed to enjoy ourselves.

This year my Dad George made the trip having had a bad case of shingles last year keeping him home.

So Dad,me GlennK, and Serge drove down from Montreal while Glenn's Dad Ron made the trip from Fonthill also joining us from Ontario was Percher,Uncle Wayne (from St-Hubert)cousin Steve and our very own Fishin Devil.

First stop was Cornwall Ontario for some Timmies and cheaper Ontario gas at least 10 cents per litre less filled the boat and van

Ouch $127.00 :stretcher:

So on with the pics.

This year we brought my tent trailer and strapped GlennK's boat to my tent trailer Glenn is waiting for delivery of a new Lund next week.

IMG_1202_1.JPG

DSCF1566_1.JPG

Fishing was slow the first day I caught this little Silver perch or Silver bass but I will let the debate begin :whistling:

DSCF1572_1.JPG

Fishing was so slow at the end of the first day that Serge began casting towards shore and began catching rock bass so I picked up a mepps and began catching rock bass as well desperation set in but it beats catching weeds.

DSCF1577_1.JPG

IMG_1207_1.JPG

Day 2 got alot more exciting when Dad hooked into this very long 5 pound pike

we didn't measure it but I have never seen a pike that long and only weigh 5 pounds.

IMG_1208_1.JPG

IMG_1210_1.JPG

Our very own Mr Fishin Devil himself.

IMG_1214_1.JPG

My only Walleye of the weekend and a bonus I did NOT catch a Pike.

IMG_1211_1.JPG

Our cozy camp that kept us dry and warm for the weekend.

IMG_1216_1.JPG

Percher(Dan)his uncle Wayne and Dan's cousin Steve .I think Wayne and Steve caught about 5 or 6

eyes between them this weekend Percher will have to post the pics.

DSCF1582_1.JPG

Day three started off well for my good friend Serge a nice 4 pound pike.

Finally the weather warmed up and the wind died down at least it did for the Sunday morning.

IMG_1223_1.JPG

Not too long after the pike Serge gets an eye.

DSCF1586_1.JPG

Now if you can't catch your own Walleye may as well pose for a pic with someone who caught one :canadian:

IMG_1220_1.JPG

Not too long after that yup another eye.Was out fished in my new boat by Dad and Serge :wallbash:

IMG_1226_12.JPG

Oh I did get this little dinker for my team.I can tell you Greencoachdog is very impressed

with the 11 inch catfish and no I don't like to touch them things.

IMG_1222_1.JPG

Dad's 12 inch Perch.

IMG_1230_1.JPG

Serge's first ever Sheepy.

IMG_1227_1.JPG

Percher Wayne and Steve.

IMG_1233_1.JPG

Now Dad knows how to stay warm he brought mom's electric blanket lol

IMG_1235_1.JPG

GlennK by the fire .Him and his dad got a couple of nice eyes and a OOS fish double header.

IMG_1236_1.JPG

went over to Dan's camp and met up with this guy Fishin Devil.

Windburn is worse on his face than me.

IMG_1238_1.JPG

Group photo before the trip home.

From left my Dad George,Me Mike the Pike,Serge,Ron (Glenn's Dad)and GlennK.

Despite the tough weather we did manage to boat some fish I did put my passengers on

fish and I was a good net man.

Lew sorry I missed you but I ran out of time camping and wet weather eroded the time quickly

I will meet you some time soon.

Hope you enjoyed our BOQ report.

Mike the Pike :Gonefishing:

Edited by Mike the Pike

It was that time again time for our Annual fishing trip to the Bay of Quinte this weekend for 4 days although the weather was cold and rainy we all managed to enjoy ourselves.

Seems like you enjoy yourself in whatever weather the gods throw at you. Didn't I see a thread of you fishing in subzero weather this last fall? :devil:

Nice to hear the trip turned out good for you guys Mike and you got into some fish. I phoned you from from the boat on Hay Bay Sunday morning and left you a message as to our location but when I didn't hear back, I assumed you were busy with the weather & fish.

We'll try it again next year bud :Gonefishing:

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report. Gotta love Quinte. Never know what your gonna catch. And that pike is certainly very skinny for Quinte. It must of stripped line like a torpedo.

Seems like you enjoy yourself in whatever weather the gods throw at you. Didn't I see a thread of you fishing in subzero weather this last fall? :devil:

As long as its safe Scuro it would take alot more than Cold and rain to keep me off the water some of my best trips have been

during the cold and rainy weather.

Despite the slow bite time with friends and family is what I enjoyed most.

MTP :canadian:

Great report Mike, I'll have to try that trip one of these years, as well as he November one.

You guys did quite well with the fish numbers compared to some of the other reports. Well done.

Joey

Cool a white perch, apparently they are quite tasty.

I haven't seen one posted since you posted one from there last year!

Great looking trip and thanks for report.

ehg

Great report Mike.

I allways get a chuckle when i hear a guy say he does not like touching a cat fish i get even more of a chuckle when i watch a guy trying to remove the hook from a cats mouth whilst trying to hold it with his feet.then kick it back onto the water........LOL......

Well it was great to see everyone again mike, :clapping: and considering the bad weather we all had a great time !!!!...and we did all catch a few fish too,so thanks for the report buddy,hope to see you again real soon,when the weather is a little bit better !!!!...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: