Youngsters on Fishing Trips

Friday I'm taking three youngsters fishing and I may be in over my head. They've already bugged me to death fretting about ice conditions, so what will happen if it's not gone the very minute we're supposed to fly?

Norton and Whopper have been with me before, but it's Deg's first time and they're already ganging up on him by making him fish with me the first couple of days or so. Poor Deg.

I've been watching the ice reports and sattelite pics form the area and you should be good to go. Most the pilots are up flying getting planes all prepped and there reports of most lakes being partially open and on edge of clearing completly.

As for the three yonguns going with you I wish you luck. Sounds like going to have to spend most of your time showing them how it's done and baiting and remvoing fish from there lines.

Good Luck to all of you and have a safe trip

Mike

Get a few of those bungee cords you can attach to their wrists and they shouldn't wander off to far.....

As for Phil, put something bright and shinny in front of him and he will be entertained for hours, just like my half brother

How old are the youngsters? For our six year old we bring bubbles, lots of snacks and we let her play with the worms and minnows...LOL.

We've even thought about bringing the portable DVD player with some movies....just plug it into the 12V plug we have on the boat...could also work with gameboys etc if they get bored.

Well how was I supposed to know?? LOL.

Mind you, some days the fishing is so slow, bubbles or a movie can be fun for big people too..... :thumbsup_anim:

I refuse to grow up :D

Cliff you meant well, but no bubbles or movies for me TG is enough entertainment.

LOL Mike!

Cory what can I say bootyshake.gif

biglol.gif

I haven't fished with Norton or Whopper yet but Deg and I spent some time on the water. When he became restless I found it best to distract him with something slimey.

I hope this is another "once in a lifetime" trip for you guys!

-Brian

DSC01375.jpg

Fishing with you is always special "coach" and its the only time I get to be called a youngster. I've made trips with "Connie" for 14 of the last 16 years. last year my wife had to tag along to see who the "other" woman was in my life.

And the truth as to why DEG gets to fish with you...he got 3rd choice! DEG always face forward in the boat and wave your arms when approaching rocks. Tenneseeans cannot spell GPS!

See you at the dock on Friday - and I wish you(us) a great trip.

Friday I'm taking three youngsters fishing and I may be in over my head. They've already bugged me to death fretting about ice conditions, so what will happen if it's not gone the very minute we're supposed to fly?

Norton and Whopper have been with me before, but it's Deg's first time and they're already ganging up on him by making him fish with me the first couple of days or so. Poor Deg.

Tell them 'Be thankful, there are children who live in the desert who would very much like to go fishing in a place like this' :P