Leafs Fired Maurice

Kirk

Step#1 - complete

Now, to just get rid of the rest of their baggage....

- McMoron

- Raycroft

- Blake

- Sundin

- Kubina

3 No Trades, A high price no production contract and a block of swiss cheese. That should be easy task.

And in the name of peace and harmony on this thread, Marshmallows

I don't mind Sundin and Blake. Sundin has given this team enough service, leadership and devotion that I would like to see him hang around Toronto till the end of his career. I'm tired of seeing team leaders finish their career in another city, simply because they were getting older and their career long team is looking to get young. Not enough can be said about experience, especially experience in that environment. It bothers me to see guys like Bourque, finish up elsewhere.

I think Blake can be much more productive than what we saw this year. I think his battle with cancer (although a very treatable kind) kind of got under his skin and tired him out. He is a pesky little bugger and someone I want on my team as opposed to the opposition.

Raycroft I think is a serviceable backup. He gets paid too much to be one, but if they could renegotiate his contract I think he is a perfect bench player until some of the young guys come up. I can't believe his downfall since his OHL days and rookie season in Boston, he was really something else for a couple of years there.

I don't mind Sundin and Blake. Sundin has given this team enough service, leadership and devotion that I would like to see him hang around Toronto till the end of his career. I'm tired of seeing team leaders finish their career in another city, simply because they were getting older and their career long team is looking to get young. Not enough can be said about experience, especially experience in that environment. It bothers me to see guys like Bourque, finish up elsewhere.

I think Blake can be much more productive than what we saw this year. I think his battle with cancer (although a very treatable kind) kind of got under his skin and tired him out. He is a pesky little bugger and someone I want on my team as opposed to the opposition.

Raycroft I think is a serviceable backup. He gets paid too much to be one, but if they could renegotiate his contract I think he is a perfect bench player until some of the young guys come up. I can't believe his downfall since his OHL days and rookie season in Boston, he was really something else for a couple of years there.

I agree completly.

I dont think the problem was the coach...i think he was a good coach. THis is really JFJ's fault by creating a team of average players. Give Sundin some help other than Tucker and Antropov, and I cant believe im going to say this.....but they might have a good team. There cast was alright, just not enough help.

And people i think have to lay off Raycroft a bit. His first year there be broke the record for wins in a season and the fans still wanted to lynch him!!! :wallbash:

And for the record I am not a leafs fan, or habs , or sens! LOL

Guest Johnny Bass

Thats excellent news! I may start watching the leafs again!

I stopped watching them after the lock out and because I didn't like the coaching.Lucky I don't watch them because if I were to see them miss the playoffs 3-4 years in a row? I would be fuming!

Leafs need to get rid of Raycroft for sure! Toskala has potential and that injury slowed him down a bit!

McCabe is a very popular player. But he is inconsistent. When he is good, he's really good. When he stinks, he really stinks.

Sundin is a very talented player. There is no doubt about that. Sundin has been loyal to Toronto, so I think he should stay. If Sundin wants to be traded, thats different.

They should get a high profile player to play along side Sundin, maybe even a fellow Swede.

I was talking about how I wanted dany heatly a few months ago, and he is doing great for Canada. So I do know talent when I see it.

I don't like the fact they trade away big defence men like Gill and was extremely agitated when they gave away Jason Smith because he was not getting any points according to Pat Quinn. A stay at home defense men is not there to get points!!!

Now they need to get more BIG defencemen, since that is clearly where Toronto's problems are.

Every decent goalie that has come to Toronto has been left to die and peppered with minimum 30 shots a game. Resulting in many goals and breaking the goalies confidence. Every goalie leaves Toronto shattered.We need to be more defensive.

Maurice did not play one minute of ice time for the Leafs! For the proper heads to roll, they must look way above ice level, to the undisciplined over baring, unknowledgeable front office! Until that happens, the names will change, but the results will not.

22% return on investment is not a result any smart business leader would mess with... I fear that we are simply looking at the beginning of yet another failed regime... I wish Maurice the best for his future... just watch how well his team does, when he lands somewhere else!

HH

No need to sign a big name player, its time to get rid of them all and keep them OUT.

For once in my lifetime, Id like to see this team rebuild properly.

It would be nice to see them get some home grown canadian boys on the team.

And for pete snakes, BRING BACK BELAK

the team and coaching staff needs an entire re-haul. i think Maurice is a good coach but he lost control of the leaf players a long time ago, they didn't respect him enough to go out and try to win every game. the next coach will have the same problem if the leafs management doesn't trade or buy out most of the team... that kind of attitude is contagious in the locker room (look what happened to Ottawa this year). hopefully the new coach can take the reigns and get respect from the players where Maurice failed.

There is no problem with Sundin, if he wants to play, the leafs will sign him, and they should, he's the only leader they have! Sundin will probably get offers from other teams this summer upwards of 7-8 million per year... but the leafs can probably get him for around 5 million, like they have the last 2 years... he obviously wants to stay and finish his career in TO. - this is of course he does decides to play another year.

I hope Blake stays as well, he was clearly the hardest working player on the leafs last season. he will put up better numbers this year (wherever he may be playing).

McCabe will be bought out

Kubina will be traded this summer (there is a 2-month window where his no-trade is not in effect)

Raycroft will be traded or bought out

Tucker will be bought out

Wellwood will probably be traded - unless the leafs want to keep building a team up with 3rd line players

Stajan will probably be traded for the same reason as Wellwood

Wozniewski will hopefully never play another game in the NHL - he Sucks!

Antropov and Ponikarovski - not sure about them - both are inconsistent

Kaberle will still be a leaf next season. he's the only good defenceman they have, Stralman is going to be a decent defenceman in a year or two.

I don't know what they are going to do with Coliacovo, he must be the softest player in the NHL. he got some skill, but can't stay off the IR list.

by the way, i have a friend who works for MLSE, these are some of the rumours going around the company... i guess we'll have to see what happens around draft and free agent time...

ya, McCabe is gong back to NYI because his wife wants to move back home, apparently.

Tucker - the only player with heart on the team

Wellwood - get rid of him

Stajan - Decent 2nd liner, should keep him.

Kaberle - they need to keep him for sure!

Stralman - up and coming Kaberle!

So, is it ok to have one hand on the tiller, the net at your feet and the marshmallows on the console when you’re out on the water? ;)

To bad, I like Paul M as a coach. I know, I know he never had the respect in the room and from the TO media the second he got the job.

Keep Matts if he wants to play in TO. To me they need him more then any other player there.

On D start over!!!!! Can'em all but T.K.

It seams to me that the MLSE has one thing in mind. Sell out every game (and still have 30% or more of the lower seat empty) and take the cash and not say or do a thing. They can buy any GOOD player they want under the new cap BUT the good players out there may not want to go to TO as MLSE isn't trying to win the cup, just sell tickets and not care what happens after that...

Well once again the coach gets the axe and not those that POORLY performed. Lets take a look at what they have.

Tucker-another Domi,Good for the fans to get going, but not needed these days. GONE.

Raycrap,never was a fan,GONE.

Tusky,He,s a good goalie,STAYS. Needs a mentor.

M. Sundin ,Stays,puts out more then others.

N. Antropov ,T. Kaberle ,A. Steen ,A. Ponikarovsky,M. Stajan, no dought staying.

B. McCabe ,yes maybe he is wife whipped now,so will be gone,but the leafs still need him. Maturaty will start to play a roll with him.

Boyd Devereaux ,Keeper.

Jason Blake ,can and will be a great leader.

John Pohl ,love his play. Keeper.

As for the rest well do what with as they may.

As for the big name player,leafs will never have one,not in the near future anyways. Sundin will be the main stay,and the brand name player for the next 2-4 years.

Leaf fan all the way,but the days of Sittler and McDonald and Ellis and Salming are gone. That was a team base.

JMO.

Jason Blake a great leader??? your kidding right?

Paul Maurice`s fate was sealed before last season ever started when he stated that this years team has the best collection of talent he had ever coached and they would contend for the cup, obviously the man is not a very good judge of talent or he is a lousy coach,maybe both.

Jason Blake a great leader??? your kidding right?

Paul Maurice`s fate was sealed before last season ever started when he stated that this years team has the best collection of talent he had ever coached and they would contend for the cup, obviously the man is not a very good judge of talent or he is a lousy coach,maybe both.

No I am NOT kidding. He has heart,probly more then Matts. Give the guy a chance to show it.

I dont believe Paul M, is the fault of the leafs. If the players dont listen or give thier heart to the game,then who is to blame?????????????

I played for a few coaches that just showed up to be a "couch",others were there to "coach" you, to preform better and do the team thing the way it was to be.

Like I said

JMO.

Edited by misfish