Big Cliff's dock is in!!!!!!!

Big Cliff

Many, Many thanks to all who showed up to help putting my dock in for another season, I know I couldn't have done it without your help. It was cold, it was windy, the waves were crashing in on shore but that didn't sway anyone. Beans and Jack did a wonderful job on the BBQ. It was really nice to see some old friends and finally meet up with some new ones. We mean it when we say, "any time" be it for a pit stop, a day, an evening...... any time!

I believe Bly got some pictures, I'm sure she will post them when they get home. Thank you Sydney for catching the first, second, and third fish of the new season of the newly installed dock, can't think of a nicer person to start the season off for us. What a beautiful, articulate little girl, she didn't care if it was cold or windy, she went fishing anyway, a real trouper! Sue and I are going to work out a date for a summer G2G for all of you, some fishing, perhaps a mini tournament, some Bocce ball, a fish fry, we'll try to make it when the weather is a bit nicer.

With many thanks and much love!

Cliff, Sue, & Andy

Edited by Big Cliff

That's great to hear Cliff!!! :thumbsup_anim:

We will be waitin' semi-patiently for the pics. ;)

Exackly. Now that we know the work's done and it's safe to come a'visitin', how the heck are we supposed to recognize your place without pics.

Actually, I thought about making the trip just for fun, and to meet a few OFNers, but my wife decided we needed to go to Cleveland to visit the relatives instead.

JF

I would have posted pictures earlier....but Sydney wanted to check out her favourite fishing spot on Lake Scugog before we headed home. We just got in the door now!

Anyhow, we had a GREAT time up at Big Cliff's place today. Thanks to everyone who made the day a great one....and for those who patiently listened and played with Sydney. She can't wait to go and visit again....and wanted to go back tomorrow to have a bath in that great tub....LOL. We've been invited back for a day or weekend visit, and we'd love to take Cliff up on his offer.

As Cliff said, the day was windy and cold...we didn't get a final picture of the dock in, but here's a few from when we were working on putting the frame in the water....

cliffs03.jpg

cliffs04.jpg

Here's a picture of Andy...what a great dog!

cliffs02.jpg

After the dock was put in, lunch was served...and we all had a chance to chat for a while....that is until Sydney kept on bugging me to get out there to fish! After a worm was attached to her hook, her line was casted out there and after about 10 seconds, she hooked into the first fish...

cliffs05.jpg

She caught a few more perch....this one being the biggest...

cliffs07.jpg

It was great meeting up with fellow OFNers....nice talking to each of you! My memory will probably fail me, but here's a quick list of all who showed up....

Tracker (Don), b2kptbo, Beans and Marybeth, 4reel and his wife Michelle, JeffW, Jeff and Adrienne (TangledLines), Jack (Nanook) and Ecmilley (Who showed up after the work was done....LOL).

Here's a few pics from Scugog....she learned two key things today...

How to lip a fish...

cliffs08.jpg

And the proper release procedures.....

cliffs09.jpg

:thumbsup_anim:

That was a great bunch of Guy's [and Gals ] that showed up.

The Guy's deserve a Medal for the work they did in those conditions. It made ME cold iust watching, and made me glad I'm a bit long in thr tooth for that kind of work. :whistling:

Well done Guy's

Cliff, thanks for the Barbie, enjoyed every bite !! :clapping:

Edited by Nanook

Thanks guys - i had a great time meeting each of you. Think we should make this an annual thing!

Big Cliff and Sue - Any time you need a hand with anything - just ask - i am just up the road every weekend. You have an awsome place btw!

Anyone who has not had the chance to meet Big Cliff - you should make the effort - class act, all the way!

Don

:thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Glad everything went well, sure looked cold out there. Talked to my mom (Maribeth) and she thoroghly enjoyed herself and had a great time with Sydney :) even if she did continually beat her at tic tac toe :P

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

Cliff, Susan and all who were in attendance. Michelle and I had a great time. It was nice to finally put some names and faces and er handles together. Look forward to seeing you all again.

Michelle will post some pics of the drive to Algonquin later on.

Cliff (CCMT) finally saw a turkey that I could absolutley verify was not you, it didn't have a beard! LOL

:thumbsup_anim:

That was a great bunch of Guy's [and Gals ] that showed up.

The Guy's deserve a Medal for the work they did in those conditions. It made ME cold iust watching, and made me glad I'm a bit long in thr tooth for that kind of work. :whistling:

Well done Guy's

Cliff, thanks for the Barbie, enjoyed every bite !! :clapping:

I can only repeat Jack's comments...

I was only kidding when I said I better get up to the house and go burn some burgers...some were a bit more charred on the bottom than others...newer and different BBQ... :oops:

Edited by Beans

Glad to hear you got it in Cliff. Sounds like you had lots of good help there!!

I didn't get up there until after 5pm. By the time I went by, it looked like everyone was gone already, so I didn't want to bother you at dinner time.

I'll be up there friday night for the opener. We put my dads boat in the water yesterday, so she's ready for one last trip on sturgeon, then the long haul to the rock for a first dip in the North Atlantic.

Will you have your boat in the water for the weekend? We can prolly work something out if you don't and you want to go for a fish.......

Sinker

I don't know what Beans is worrying about - I thought my burger was excellent! :thumbsup_anim:

Cliff & Sue are stellar hosts. They managed to take a group of people who were mostly strangers offline, and put them completely at ease. I've never seen such an unfamiliar group seem so totally comfortable together. JeffBornFishin & I really enjoyed ourselves, and we're looking forward to next time!

I'm still a little fuzzy on which name/handle goes with a couple of the men, but I'm always terrible with names. Please don't take it personally. :blush:

Cliff & Sue are stellar hosts. They managed to take a group of people who were mostly strangers offline, and put them completely at ease. I've never seen such an unfamiliar group seem so totally comfortable together. JeffBornFishin & I really enjoyed ourselves, and we're looking forward to next time!

And that is what most of our getogethers are like...if you didn't have a good time...it was probably your own fault...It amazed me at first too but soon you will have that "belonging to a family feeling"... :D

Geeze...one guy even offerd me ''bail money" at one of our events...but that is another story... :whistling: