Fishing Trips for This Year; Let's Hear Them!

Golfisher

Our big trip this year will be Lakair with the gang....here's last years group shot...it's as much a social event as it is fishing....had an awesome time!

lakairgroup.jpg

Other than that getting out in our boat on Kawartha Lakes as often as possible....and of course our usual shore fishing jaunts during the week after dinner.

we have a houseboat booked for a week out of Gananoque

hoping to get my first musky :)

Houseboat, great time. Did that 2 times in the Kawartha lakes. Even caught a couple muskies by accident but no size to speak of. I fish mostly walleye and walleye and when I get bored with walleye I just go walleye fishing :)

Our big trip this year will be Lakair with the gang....here's last years group shot...it's as much a social event as it is fishing....had an awesome time!

lakairgroup.jpg

Other than that getting out in our boat on Kawartha Lakes as often as possible....and of course our usual shore fishing jaunts during the week after dinner.

That'll prolly be the highlight of my year too Cliff!!! :thumbsup_anim::clapping::Gonefishing: ... Might get to go down to the Gulf of Mexico once or twice.

My most memorable trip was to the mouth of Harmony Creek after ice out, I seen L2P / 'Sweet 15' down there with a 15ft cane rod resting on a ledger, and he had his old black loomis duck taped to the butt of the rod. I asked him what he was fishing for and he told me it was an Ancient secret. I learnt a lot from him that day about old world fishing. It shows you do not have to travel far to learned about other cultures. :clapping:

Here’s my dance card:

Last weekend in May – Bartlet Lake (Burke's Falls)

June 22nd weekend – Rice Lake

1st week of July – Sparrow Lake

2nd week of July – Cameron Lake

2nd week August – Doe Lake

Hopefully another trip out on GBay in the next week.

Then off to Lake Temagami on the 12th of May. :thumbsup_anim:

Back from there just in time to go see Roy.. fish with Thorpe.. Sept 29/30/Oct1/2 :)

GBay for Muskie 'till the lake freezes after that.

Lakair in June.. still up in the air thanks to the Camerons..what's the name of the place next door again?

:Gonefishing: I have to be good and clean up the honey do list then the summer is all mine. When one is retired one can go fishing during the week.So most of the summer I will be on the lakes up on the Bruce Pennsula.Great bass up there. I don't set any dates for fishing .I just go when the time seems right.I cannot say any particular lake that I fish because I fished most of them.Have a good summer guys.Best of luck fishing.

irish..you are one lucky man..i dream of my fishing vacation the day i leave my last one...i count the days between all my fishing vacations..i usually fish every weekend on a lake 1-3 hours away..just for the day...ive fished all of the kawarthas and i still find myself fishing lake ontario now and again....but as you very well know 31 days away from temagamitrip....my hearts pounding as i write this reply....gods country here i come...

Nothing exotic for me this year.

Heading down to Quinte in 2 weeks for our annual pickeral trip, in June it's 7 days at Lakair and then another week or so at Lakair in August.

I always do a few days on the Ottawa River for muskies but haven't set a firm date yet.

November is our annual musky trip to St. Clair and we always close the season on the Niagara in December.

Other than that, I'll be spending most of the summer around the Kawarthas, but being retired with absolutely no schedule ........ :thumbsup_anim: ........ I could end up hauling my boat just about anywheres :Gonefishing:

In 13 more days, I'm heading north for 4 days of camping / fishing up around Espanola. We're hitting up either Gibson Lake or Russian Lake for ice out lakers and I'm hoping we can also hit one of the many other lakes close by for specks. There will be many other fishing excursions this year as well but I can't seem to see past the closest one at hand! I'm gettin' giddy just thinking about it!

Big Sand Lake Lodge In Northen Manitoba June 16th

dream trip 5 full days fishing lake trout, pike and walleye

Lake Temagami last 2 weeks in July

Planning an weekend camping thrip to Lingham Lake chain

Many day trips for Carp, bass, salmon muskie this year

I am heading west for my fishing vacations this year;

A week in Calgary with my bro drifting on the Bow river in early August and in the first week of September to Vancouver Island with my Dad and my other brother. We have a cabin in Barkley Sound. Lots of salmon and rockfish, plus all the crabs, oysters, and clams you can handle.

Seems like its going to take forever to arrive..

I hope everyone enjoys the upcoming season!

suds

May 22cnd. Heading north(18 hour drive :wacko:) to Kenora, from there we are flying in to Lake Populus which is between Lake Dryberry and Lake Atikwa for a 7 day trip. We have been going to White River Ontario for the last 5 yrs so I am pretty pumped to see some new water and scenery :thumbsup_anim: Has anyone fished in this general area?

West Lake/ BOQ in July for a few days

Cottage lake and Ottawa River off and on until the season closes

A week in North Carolina - kayak fishing for Stripers and whatever else is biting and a few days drifitng around in a sail boat deep sea fishing around the outer banks.

And however many days/hours I can steal away from the family next winter in Antigua

In 13 more days, I'm heading north for 4 days of camping / fishing up around Espanola. We're hitting up either Gibson Lake or Russian Lake for ice out lakers and I'm hoping we can also hit one of the many other lakes close by for specks. There will be many other fishing excursions this year as well but I can't seem to see past the closest one at hand! I'm gettin' giddy just thinking about it!

Bring your OFNcommunity.com 2008 sign! Non-Great Lakes Trout are hard to come by for the tourney....LOL. Good luck...sounds like you'll have a blast.

Have 3 trips planned so far.

May 24th to Bush Country Camp on Sasseginaga, should be interesting we are guiding a couple of blind fellows who are quite a pair of adventurers - one guy from England http://www.mileshilton-barber.com/ and a fellow Canadian http:www.blindfishingboat.com

Looking forward to this one

Then in early August to Club Trout Lake to fish their remote location for a week followed by my regular school at Nemio on the 14th.

Now to get something going for June & July.

We are back to fly with Cochrane Air in June but going to a different lake this year. We will be spending our time at Mikwam Lake for walleye, sturgeon & northern pike. (according to the brochure). The usual weekend trips to the Kawarthas for the summer and then I have a cottage for a week in September on Kashagawigamog. I bid on this cottage at a silent auction last fall and won it! The winning bid...........$400 :thumbsup_anim: I'll be taking my Dad and spending a lot of time fishing! Then the rest of the fall will be muskies and a trip or 2 to Quinte.

Edit - Thanks for the reminder Doug - Looks like I'll be up in Algonquin at the beginning of July, still in the planning process.

Edited by fishnsled

I leave for Algonquin in TWO MORE SLEEPS for five nights in, hunting lakers. The end of May will be a fly in near Wawa for some speckled trout. Then Lakair

Where are you flying to around Wawa out of curiosity?...its where im from.