Couldn't Stay Skunked Forever!

Photoz

I'd almost for got what a decent trout on the receiving end of my line felt like . . . . the last 4 times out . . . about 4 'line bumps,' didn't even see many hits! Yesterday I was FINALLY rewarded when I took my eyes off my rod for about 5 seconds . . . and looked back to see it wildly bouncing, and a nice 8 pound trout doing a back-flip about 200' out. In my haste to get to the rod, I slipped in some loose gravel, and NEARLY ended up going for a swim! My dear ol' Auntie knows how to stuff & roast these guys better than any turkey . . . I can hardly wait for dinner today! But . . . . I don't keep many (hell, I don't CATCH many) but on those good days I don't know which is worse . . . . seeing people taking 5 large trout home . . . . or those who catch 10 or more, hold the big ones up by the gills for shots, then uncerimoniously KICK it along several feet frozen ground, across gravel & concrete & into the water, after it's flopped around for several minutes? I likely 'kill' less in a year than SOME (definately NOT all) of these proud 'conservationists' do in an outing!! Oh well . . . . . what can ya do?

med_gallery_77_129_15367.jpg

I don't know which is worse . . . . seeing people taking 5 large trout home . . . . or those who catch 10 or more, hold the big ones up by the gills for shots, then uncerimoniously KICK it along several feet frozen ground, across gravel & concrete & into the water, after it's flopped around for several minutes? I likely 'kill' less in a year than SOME (definately NOT all) of these proud 'conservationists' do in an outing!! Oh well . . . . . what can ya do?

I have rarely seen truer words written here!!!! Talk about hitting the nail right on the head.

Congrats on a beautiful fish and I hope you enjoy every tasty morsel.

Edited by Canuck2fan

Not exactly apologizing . . . . . but geeze . . . . with the flack we 'fish-killers' sometimes take these days, it makes you feel kinda guilty sneakin' the odd ONE home. P3TA lurks EVERYWHERE!! Port Hope was a virtual tomb today . . . apparently the days of 'limiting out' on trout here are gone . . . . I talked to a local this morning, he bets there were less than 10 trout caught in town all weekend . . . . I know I never even saw a hit in 5 hours this morning . . . . . between the 10 or 12 people fishin'! Waitin' with much anticipation for the new regs . . . . hopin' they drop the trout limits out east like up Georgian Bay way . . . . it seems to have worked okay up there?

Not exactly apologizing . . . . . but geeze . . . . with the flack we 'fish-killers' sometimes take these days, it makes you feel kinda guilty sneakin' the odd ONE home. P3TA lurks EVERYWHERE!! Port Hope was a virtual tomb today . . . apparently the days of 'limiting out' on trout here are gone . . . . I talked to a local this morning, he bets there were less than 10 trout caught in town all weekend . . . . I know I never even saw a hit in 5 hours this morning . . . . . between the 10 or 12 people fishin'! Waitin' with much anticipation for the new regs . . . . hopin' they drop the trout limits out east like up Georgian Bay way . . . . it seems to have worked okay up there?

Very nice catch Photoz! I like to eat fish also, and don't worry about how they're held when they are destined for the oven! This one was a nice meal!

slayer1.jpg

Edited by TroutSlayer