Record gas prices here

OhioFisherman

Guest Johnny Bass

One person here said that a study was done and people would only ALTER their habits after it hit $1.50?Alter???I'd like to know when the people are going to riot. Curious to see when enough will be enough. $2, $3, $4?There is no doubt we are being robbed.

Empires have always raised costs of living in the case of wars and expansion. It is clear the new Roman Empire(America) is beginning its expansion into global markets.And its clear the Oil Lobbyists were behind the war in Iraq and are funding it with OUR cash. Who has to pay for the Oil companies to increase their assets and wealth? We do....

By the way? Did you hear about those cars in Utah that run on compressed Natural gas??? $5 to fill the tank!!!! And we have tons of natural gas. Most of which is exported to the States.

We're paying $120.2 a litre and we are selling it to ou guys! :wallbash:

For a change it's cheaper down here in Stratford. In fact it appears to have dropped a tad. I just paid 114.3 today and saw 113.9 down the street.

JF

Guest lundboy
One person here said that a study was done and people would only ALTER their habits after it hit $1.50?Alter???I'd like to know when the people are going to riot. Curious to see when enough will be enough. $2, $3, $4?There is no doubt we are being robbed.

Empires have always raised costs of living in the case of wars and expansion. It is clear the new Roman Empire(America) is beginning its expansion into global markets.And its clear the Oil Lobbyists were behind the war in Iraq and are funding it with OUR cash. Who has to pay for the Oil companies to increase their assets and wealth? We do....

By the way? Did you hear about those cars in Utah that run on compressed Natural gas??? $5 to fill the tank!!!! And we have tons of natural gas. Most of which is exported to the States.

You're right JB. And just wait till the "food crises" hits, gas prices won't matter as much.

Edited by lundboy

Just to put things into perspective, Royal Dutch Shell and BP profits were $14.4 billion for the first quarter that is $6,600,000 AN HOUR or $1800 A SECOND! Exxon alone reaped $11.7 billion slightly less at $1300 A SECOND!

Just to put things into perspective, Royal Dutch Shell and BP profits were $14.4 billion for the first quarter that is $6,600,000 AN HOUR or $1800 A SECOND! Exxon alone reaped $11.7 billion slightly less at $1300 A SECOND!

Check your mutual funds. It might please you. :thumbsup_anim:

Profit is why these companies are in business. In a back-handed sort of way it's almost nice to see someone or something actually getting some good out of these stupid wars, insurrections and international p--sing contests going on around the world.

Before anyone jumps on me for that remember I said "almost".

JF

Interesting how much money these companies are making... I suppose that the next question would be how much money did they have to spend to make that much profit and as such, what their actual return on investment looks like... it's easy to look at those profit numbers and be aghast, but one also has to take into consideration how much it cost the company to make that much money and how much/percentage did they actually receive based on investment.

Royal Dutch, BP and Exxon are some of the biggest companies in the world... I wonder how many people they employ and how much money it cost them to make that doe, ray, me! In this capitalist world, companies have to report to their investors and profit is the name of the game.

HH

PS... money grabbing ice holes!LOL

PSS... any idea how much money Exxon has paid out for the "Valdese" (sp) oil spill?

Interesting how much money these companies are making... I suppose that the next question would be how much money did they have to spend to make that much profit and as such, what their actual return on investment looks like... it's easy to look at those profit numbers and be aghast, but one also has to take into consideration how much it cost the company to make that much money and how much/percentage did they actually receive based on investment.

Royal Dutch, BP and Exxon are some of the biggest companies in the world... I wonder how many people they employ and how much money it cost them to make that doe, ray, me! In this capitalist world, companies have to report to their investors and profit is the name of the game.

HH

PSS... any idea how much money Exxon has paid out for the "Valdese" (sp) oil spill?

The other thing to consider is the Canadian tax burden. We have a great country that's relatively uncrowded (well, except for the 401) but someone has to pay for the infrastructure. We're 1/10 the population of the US supporting approximately the same land mass. If we added 270,000,000 people our gas would probably be cheaper. Somehow the extra few bucks a year don't sound so bad in that context.

JF

Guest lundboy

I think quite a few of you are failing to see the far reaching affects these profits have on all of us as a civilization. Anyone that is happy about their "mutual funds" based on profits from eugenics programs are slitting their own throats.

Perhaps you should read this and see if you still defend the profits of oil companies:

http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/environment/energy/

Or for those that don't like to read:

http://video.google.ca/videosearch?hl=en&a...sa=N&tab=wv

Maybe some of you will earn enough profit after tax on your oil soaked mutual funds to continue to buy your family a loaf of bread, because soon you won't be able to afford driving to work, and the truck driver that delivers the bread won't be able to afford diesel.

Yep capitalism, it's a great thing.

Here's a definition of fascism:

Fascism - A philosophy or system of government that advocates or exercises a dictatorship of the extreme right, typically through the merging of state and business leadership, together with an ideology of belligerent nationalism.

Are you sure what you are witnessing is capitalism?

Edited by lundboy

Guest lundboy

HH

They have paid nothing at all yet, and likely will pay very little if they do:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/02/25/...in3876277.shtml

CNG(Compressed Natural Gas) One of the natural gas companies here uses it to power some of their service fleet. Not sure exactly how it works, probably something like a propane fueled fork lift , and not sure if the fuel mileage would be the same per tank, gasoline is a denser fuel than propane or CNG.

Holdfast, those companies you mentioned are not pure play refiners, I don't think Bonavista refines at all, I searched Suncor's earnings report from this morning and copied this paragraph:

"The increase in earnings was primarily due to higher price realizations on the company's oil sands sales, as benchmark crude oil prices continued to rise. This was partially offset by increased oil sands operating expenses and increased oil sands royalties, as well as reduced margins in the refining and marketing business."

The money is in exploration and production, not refining, a couple of years ago though, the refiners were making big margins. Not now. Thats why the integrated oil companies in Canada (petrocanada, imperial oil) have underperformed their peers, who mine or drill for it and then sell it to the marketers and refiners.

Husky made $38million in the last quarter from marketing and refining. They made $882 million overall.

Let me guess, you either work for the oil Companies or invest in their stocks. PROFITS, that's after exploration or anything that the company says they pay for, this would probably include their projected salaries and what not. Get your head out of the sand and stop believing everthing that a company says. Its obvious, and now it has made the news, that these guys are making Billions at our expense. As far as refineries go, if its owned by Suncor, Husky or whoever, its made a profit. IF NOT IT WAS INCLUDED IN THEIR OVERALL PROFIT> . Doesn't take a highly educated or payed economist to figure that out. Now for the good news again. With everybody expecting prices to go up even further, we just gave the go ahead to the companies even more incentive to gouge. What a go. Just like Global Warming, how about food prices, mention increases. IT WILL HAPPEN. Mention controlling, gouging will be limited.

Edited by holdfast

"This is not an energy policy. This is money laundering: we borrow money from China and ship it to Saudi Arabia and take a little cut for ourselves as it goes through our gas tanks. What a way to build our country.

When the summer is over, we will have increased our debt to China, increased our transfer of wealth to Saudi Arabia and increased our contribution to global warming for our kids to inherit. . . . "

And from the Same article from the New York Times,

"The bickering has been so poisonous that when Congress passed the 2007 energy bill last December, it failed to extend any stimulus for wind and solar energy production. Oil and gas kept all their credits, but those for wind and solar have been left to expire".

"This is not an energy policy. This is money laundering: we borrow money from China and ship it to Saudi Arabia and take a little cut for ourselves as it goes through our gas tanks. What a way to build our country.

When the summer is over, we will have increased our debt to China, increased our transfer of wealth to Saudi Arabia and increased our contribution to global warming for our kids to inherit. . . . "

And from the Same article from the New York Times,

"The bickering has been so poisonous that when Congress passed the 2007 energy bill last December, it failed to extend any stimulus for wind and solar energy production. Oil and gas kept all their credits, but those for wind and solar have been left to expire".

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Guest Johnny Bass
Let me guess, you either work for the oil Companies or invest in their stocks. PROFITS, that's after exploration or anything that the company says they pay for, this would probably include their projected salaries and what not. Get your head out of the sand and stop believing everthing that a company says. Its obvious, and now it has made the news, that these guys are making Billions at our expense. As far as refineries go, if its owned by Suncor, Husky or whoever, its made a profit. IF NOT IT WAS INCLUDED IN THEIR OVERALL PROFIT> . Doesn't take a highly educated or payed economist to figure that out. Now for the good news again. With everybody expecting prices to go up even further, we just gave the go ahead to the companies even more incentive to gouge. What a go. Just like Global Warming, how about food prices, mention increases. IT WILL HAPPEN. Mention controlling, gouging will be limited.

I have to agree! And to think that some of these people try to justify this thievery is really sad!

What burns me up the most is when these wealthy people tell the rest of the world to stop complaining, meanwhile when the wealthy lose even a few cents they are the biggest cry babies!

And what does the amount the oil companies invest have to do with anything? They have been investing the same amount, if not less over the last few decades. When was the last refinery built?

If anything , what they have increased the most is PAY for CEO's! They have been walking away with 100's of millions of dollars in bonuses! And what they have increased is the price and thus profits. Thanks to OPEC's monopoly on oil. I bet Venenzuela could afford to ship oil to us at a quarter of that cost, but you wont hear them complaining anytime soon with the profits they are making.

And what was all that about borrowing from China and transfering wealth to Saudi Arabia? That article was almost laughable. What does China buying American debt have to do with the oil? It actually is the reason the American dollar has been sustained. China stops buying American debt, and the dollar starts to fall. And transfering wealth to Saudi Arabia? How is that?When Saudi Arabia invest mosts of its profits in the USA?

If Anything, North America's wealth is being transfered to Asia, not Saudi Arabia.

This is plain price gauging, thanks to capitalism. Now that they own almost everything?The ultra rich got us by the b**ls and now they are squeezing them. Thats what you get when corporations that are not accountable to anyone, have control of the nations wealth.

The scooter stores are experiencing a higher volume of traffic.

One lady said that she gets 200 km fer about $6.00 of gas at $1.20/liter.

I witnessed a scooter being pulled over today on the 403..... idiots abound.

G

The hell you say.

$1.20-$1.60-$2.00,Im keeping my truck.

Kid you not Brian, 403 just before the Waterdown rd. over pass in the east bound lanes... buddy is asking for a quick trip to his maker pulling crap like that

G