It,s been a year

misfish

Most here know both myself and memart lost a great man a year ago yesterday ,our grandfather. One who loved family and the outdoors and never put himself ahead of others. I felt safe anywhere I went with him. He along with his brother and our father, taught us to fish,a great sport he loved and we all took to heart. I still rememeber fishing alongside him and there would be an umbrella attached to the boat, to keep the sun off his and his brothers (uncle del) heads.I use to get a good laugh out of that. Think they knew something more then us? Remember a trip to Weslakoon. We went out and fished an island that had a bit of a nock in it. He says Brian,bet if you throw it in that little opening you get a fish. Well I hit it 4 times and nailed 4 fish from it. That is one memory I will never forget. Our grandfather was a gentleman,and I have to say "IT WAS AND IS" an "HONOR" and a "GREAT PRIVALIDGE" to be his grandson.

You are missed greatly along with Grandma,may you both be looking down on us along with others gone to the place above.

I say.

See you soon,but not to soon.

When I get where Im going

Edited by misfish

A fitting tribute Brian. I am sure your Grandfather is proud of the man you have become. And he is looking forward to the day when you can fish again..... but as you said... just not yet...

Thank you for sharing this with us...

G

Very nice tribute to your Grampa, Brian. Just remember the memories and he will always be with you. Now, like everyone says, get out and catch that big fish.

John

I do believe I fished out of your boat one time. It was myself,my gandfather,my pop and 3 of my uncles. We were nailing kohos like crazy that day. Grandad even got a huge blister from fighting all them fish that day.

That day was something else. Thanks for the reminder.

I just might go out and wet aline,right after turkey shoot,n. ;):D

Thanks all for your kind words.