Georgian Bay Musky - April 21st 2008

irishfield

Nice report guys! BillM, you couldn't have picked a better OFNer to break the ice with! (pun intended!) I will admit I am a little surprised that Wayne let you use that Bomber! It was my understanding that Terry had dibs on Bombers in Wayne's boat!

HH

I fished similar waters this past weekend towards beckwith and christian island. i was looking for lakers out deep near the surface or on adjacent sand flats but no luck also tried in shallow flatlining and boards for bows but no luck again. i think the fish were around, just the intense heat was shutting things down.

found a scum line off the southern tip of christian in 40 fow and found fish 20-25 ft down. dont know what they were, i was flatlinging most of the day didint have any equipment that could get my baits deep enough. any idea what those fish could have been?

back at it this weekend after a few hours on the local rivers.

We pretty much found the same thing, all kinds of fish in the 25-80ft range. We noticed most of the fish were suspended mid way down or hugging tight to the bottom. We marked a lot of fish, no doubt about it... I still think the water was to cold (39-40 degree average). I think when the water gets closed to the magical 50-55 degree mark the Lakers will be doing what they should be doing :)

Found an area on sunday near christian island near the mouth of a local creek where water temps ranged from 50-58 in an area approx 5 sq.miles. this area is no more than 20 ft deep, no fish whatsoever. hoping this weekend might do the trick, will be trying out some leadcore off the big boards.