I'd like to start a poll as to whether we should have

irishfield

I think it would be a good idea because unless you check back every 20 minutes you can easily lose a thread with all the new posts as the community grows.

General

- Non-Fishing

- Fishing

• Fishing Trips / Reports
  • Boats
  • General Fishing Questions / Comments

Any takers??

Edited by Maverick

If both sections are popular then it won't matter, because the posts will go fast in both. It doesn't take much time or effort to click the mouse and scroll to find your favorite posts. If you click new posts you will get rid of anything old if you don't wish to follow them.

I think part of what makes this board successful IS the fast activity. Because new posts and replys come fast you always (well almost always) have new stuff to read. Other boards have topics split up so bad it becomes boring so you just have a quick look and your gone. I love the way its set up here. There would be some minor changes I would do but is really quite good in my opinion. Even the Idiots make it fun to read.......Not talking about you Gerritt :lol:

Edited by Bernie

I know this comes up at least 5 times a year.... with someone suggesting such a thing..... But I'm thinking not seperate fishing and non fishing sections, But..

How about a seperate section for most everything and another section for steelheading threads ! :unsure::dunno::D

Well, I gotta agree with ya Wayne!... is there anyway we can have the Steelhead section posted on the camping latrine wall @ Lakair???

How would you ever get 20-30 posts if you could never reply to a topic. :whistling::w00t::P

Easy man! Import a bunch of boats and sell 'em on OFC!!

I wouldn't restrict reply privlidges but I wouldn't mind seeing a minimum of 20 posts before posting in the classifieds.

I also like the all-in-one feel of this board. I tend to stumble across threads I wouldn't normally seek out had they been in other categories.

-Brian

I think part of what makes this board successful IS the fast activity. Because new posts and replys come fast you always (well almost always) have new stuff to read. Other boards have topics split up so bad it becomes boring so you just have a quick look and your gone. I love the way its set up here. There would be some minor changes I would do but is really quite good in my opinion. Even the Idiots make it fun to read.......Not talking about you Gerritt :lol:

I just keep reminding myself you tease me because you like me...... :whistling:

G

ok I thought this thread was a joke..humor........a funny comment on how steelhead threads go bad

but it seems many took it to be something else..or I read it wrong

My take on it too. Apologies Wayne......

where would we talk about beer? If it was american beer, which is like water, it could go in the steelhead forum. It creates the same amount of pissing!

LOL Steve !

and Yes Terry it was an attempt at humour (well sort of.. I'm actually kinda serious) to get the crew through 'till ice is out enough to get the rigs out up here.

I just find it odd that for the last month or more we've had daily joiners that do nothing but flame steehead posts. There's a message in there somewhere...

I know this comes up at least 5 times a year.... with someone suggesting such a thing..... But I'm thinking not seperate fishing and non fishing sections, But..

How about a seperate section for most everything and another section for steelheading threads ! :unsure::dunno::D

Where I went wrong was the original thread Wayne posted has a small line on the top and then far below (unlike the version above) the original thought where a signature usual is he finishes his point. I ignored the bottom as if it were a signature and somehow filtered or disregarded it automatically. I guess you're so used to seeing signatures in that position and I'll read a persons once and then disregard it for a few days, sometimes checking to see if they've changed. Lately it's more the "team" logos, but before it was advertising alot of the time. You just subconciously tune them out. So after all that jibber jabber, what I'm saying is that maybe that's what alot of us here did. Or at least that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :blush: