Easter Monday Steel hunt!

ccmtcanada

Well, with the nice weather and me starting to feel a little better from my bout with the flu, we had a few hours this afternoon to head out and fish. We ended up at one of our good spots at around 1pm and began drifting. It started out really slow, but it's not often we get to fish during the day, so we stayed out, basking in the sunlight.

I was having lots of line issues today...it seems that when things are going right on the trib, things just run smoothly...almost machine-like. Today wasn't my day....LOL.

Anyhow, it took over an hour, but bly finally sees her float go down and she says "Fish on!!". After a quick fight, she landed this nice female!

carole1-1.jpg

After that fish, I was hopeful that the bite was going to turn on. A few more line tangles for me and bly says again "Fish on!". This one was an active one...taking multiple runs away from her...then turning on a dime and swimming straight at her. She did a great job and landed this really nice sized male....

carole3.jpg

After she landed that one, we began drifting again and we hear "Bly's kickin' your butt like usual". We look up and see a fellow OFNer snickering at us...LOL. Well, truth be told, she did kick my butt today!! On the last drift of the day, I hooked into a really nice fish, but it spit the hook after about 2 minutes on. Oh well...we had to get on home.

Not a bad way to spend a sunny Easter Monday....back to the grind and crappy winter weather tomorrow....LOL.

Edited by ccmt

Good to see you guys got into some fish!

I actually was not going to go fishing today, but I saw you two in your car at Gibb and Stevenson with the rods in the back and decided I was going fishing too! I made my girlfriend take me home haha!

Nice fish.

It sounds like the average day when I take my wife out...she gets more and bigger fish, I get more and bigger knots LOL.

Made the drive to Bowmanville(sp) Creek for the very first time today, got there after lunch and went 0 for 2. The water visabilty went down hill as the day went on.

Beauty day to be out though.

Edited by 4Reel

HA!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFRQVTCbW04

How many people wanna kick some ass?... Bly does, Bly does!!! :w00t:

Line issues you say???... and just think, it was just last night you were braggin' on that 2 yr. old crap line on your float rod! (I told you the cake mixer would make an excellent line twister Bly!) ;)

Excellent report and pics y'all! :thumbsup_anim: I'm doing my best to pump y'all some more nice days up there so we can see more of these reports.

Sick and then an ass-whoppin' at fishin'... sux to be you eh Cliff? :lol:

Cliff, out-fishing Carole isn't meant to be. Women are built different than us. They have x-ray vision, built in sonar and mind controlling powers to make even the most skilled angler skunk and the most spooked fish bite.

I guess we know who wears the waders in that family.

Top Angling Carole