How Many Guys Fish With Their Gals?

LundGuy

Getting back to the topic at hand (sorry Lundguy), I've never fished with my wife other than a few minutes off the dock. I'd like to get her out this year but I suspect she'd enjoy reading a book on the bow moreso than chucking lures.

-Brian

IMGP0068.jpg

I have a nice picture of her with a large pike but I thought I'd show a new pic of my lovely yellow marshmallow. She likes to fish and she likes to shop to fish. Notice the new flower print boots...she enjoyed buying flats boots recently too. But when it comes right down to it if we are there to fish, and there is action...I couldn't ask for a better fishing partner.

My wife has, she likes fishing in Ontario and New York a lot more than here in Ohio, she can cast a spinning reel ok but is a bit baffled by a baitcaster. Has to be 75 to 85 and sunny though, and not a lot of casting, she would rather fish live bait and let it do the work. All 3 of my girls are more interested than my son, go figure.

My wife goes out with me as well and fishes for as long as the patience holds out - which does surprise me at times. If the catching is slow or non-existant, she sit down to a good book and let me keep right on fishing - as long as I want. Sure - when I catch one, the book gets put away ... for a little while anyway. It doesn't matter to me whether Patsy is fishing or not. More important is that we're out there together, whether we're fishing or doing our own thing.

Edited by Rich Clemens

Yes she does go fishing and sometimes outfishes me! But that's OK it helps to build interest. She is tied for my 1st favourite fishing companion. Now if I can only get her to take her own catch off the hook and to thread a worm herself.... :whistling: OK there goes my mind off on a perverse tangent again :oops:

Not mine she is afraid of the water every time i ask and tell her how safe

it is it's still no way but the good thing is she lets me get what ever i need

for the sport

Rob

My wife is exactly the same as yours Rob...but she's a sweety and encourages me to get out as much as I can!!...a lot of my fishing electronics have have come from her on B'days and Christmas.... :thumbsup_anim: : :Gonefishing:

Steve

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

ummmm..

my wife says: " honey why aren't you going fishing yet ?

You were so much happier when u were fishing everyweekend last fall :thumbsup_anim: .

I asked her if she wants to come fishing with my youngest daughter and i this spring and she said she would try it. :wallbash:

So, we will give it a try.

I hope she likes it and catches a fish.

Kinda reminds me of the time i took her golfing with me on a pitch and putt course.

She has a great natural swing and we were laughing our butts off... :clapping:

Then it started raining...and she REALLY STARTED laughing cause i promised to take her shopping as soon as we finished playing golf <_<

My wife loves fishing except

not on big water

not at night

not if the bugs are out

not if the fish aren't biting

not if it's not too hot

not if it's not too cold

not if it's raining

not if it looks like it might rain

not if were gonna be there too long

not if the dogs won't sit put

not if the waters have any waves

not if the wind is blowing

and a few more I can't think of right now,

but yeah, she loves fishing.

Edited by Deano

My girlfriend thinks I'm fishing obsessed, which may be a tad bit true. She doesn't mind fishing, but she's not really into the whole casting lures, searching water, working structure and all that like I do. She just likes putting a worm on a hook or a jig, and patiently waiting for a fish to bite.. to each their own.. but at least she doesn't hate fishing or anything, and I think by now she's taken the hint that any fishing related stuff makes a great gift!

I try to get my wife and children out in the boat as often as I can during the fishing season. My wife may not spend lots of time in the boat with me, but she is my number one fishing partner and supporter as I am away from home at least 2 months throughout the season fishing tournaments.

-sheldon