Tried fishing L. Ontario again

ehg

Hi folks had a little time late Saturday afternoon/ early evening so tried to get out fishing.

The lake was flat and winds were to stay light so it was good to go.

Ended up having a great day and took some pictures so thought i'd share.

Arrived at destination and there was a frozen bay with ice fishermen on one side.

IMG_0002-16.jpg

and big open lake on other side.

IMG_0003-16.jpg

Caught some fish immediately. I really like these White Bass, main reason for fishing here.

IMG_0005-13.jpg

caught more

IMG_0008-13.jpg

IMG_0014-2.jpg

Found fish out deeper in the lake that i wasn't expecting.

Like this nice looking unfortunate OOS specimen.

IMG_0010-8.jpg

It started getting a little cloudy as the sunset.

IMG_0012-8.jpg

It was then the brown trout started hitting. These fish out here fight like crazy jumping and generally go berzerk.

There the sought after fish.

IMG_0015-1.jpg

This fish jumped numerous times. Fat like a football.

IMG_0016-3.jpg

more

IMG_0018-2.jpg

Since it became dark and chilly we decided to leave.

Caught this fish then left.

IMG_0019-1-1.jpg

Some hard work and foresight ended up paying off with a decent few hours of fishing

Might not do this again till next December. Oh well, Cest la vie

Cheers,

ehg

Edited by ehg

Great day on the water guys...and what a nice mixed bag of fish too !!!! :clapping::w00t: great pics too...and thats a very big lake o walleye well done,glad to see the plant is still producing the usual amazing catches of fish,man i miss that place,there is no way i could launch my boat till the marina is ice-free,i couldnt get her over the beach,well im glad you guys have access,cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Thanks for replies people! Had a fun day and love fishing so all was good.

Maybe the only time i'm hoping to catch a carp (the carp hit lures here) or sheepshead in attempt to get a real mixed bag.

But didn't happen.

Usually get rainbows as well but not this day.

Demphasized the OOS by shrinking photo but left them in for multispecies effect.

Great day on the water guys...and what a nice mixed bag of fish too !!!! :clapping::w00t: great pics too...and thats a very big lake o walleye well done,glad to see the plant is still producing the usual amazing catches of fish,man i miss that place,there is no way i could launch my boat till the marina is ice-free,i couldnt get her over the beach,well im glad you guys have access,cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

The plant really produces in mid-winter but action falls off starting April. With no shoreline access there

rarely is anyone else there, thus little pressure on spot.

Always have a chat with security people and work hard and freeze to do this, but getting to 'shoot fish in barrel'

kinda makes it all worth it.

Didn't know that fish was a walleye until netted( too dark out). Just knew it had decent size.

'Football walleye' pic doesn't do it justice easily over 30 in. or 10 lbs. Quick photo then release.

Doesn't count for anything however.

Thanks for replies again,

ehg

Your reports start out Trying or Tried fishing Lake Ontario. From what I can tell, you are doing a heck of a job doing catching while you are out there! It's amazing seeing soft water reports on the big lake. Congrats on another great outing!

DUDE!!!!!! The best fishing ever. I rate this right up there with the Pigeon bass slammin days.

Dave, we've been lucky that the wind in the right direction when we are both free.

Looking forward to that summer musky- bass fishing, i'm tired of this weather.