Sportsmans Show for TJ

TJQ

Well ya never know how big you are till ya get outta town and talk to some people... to those that think nobody watches what goes on here... boy are we mistaken. I talked to several mucky muck in the "industry" and hear very good things about our little community from everyone!! (of course i don't think anyone would tell me we suck to our face lol)

We were at the show all day, i got to talk to alot of our existing clients and I think we managed to get a few new ones as well.. some good contests coming for OFC'rs in the near future.

I didn't bump into any ofners, except for Cory and Heather, who heckled us on the way in... and then made me drink with them. (as usual) .. but other than that, i didn't get to see any OFC hats or talk to any board members.

As for the show it was great!! Alot of different stuff, especially good for me cause we hunt and fish. I thought it was a great setup other than the obligatory parking woes (I now understand what everyone is griping about) and driving in toronto is just so much fun.

All in all our weekend down here was very fruitful, and now its time for SUSHI!!! Yippee!!

Sounds like you had a great time down at the show TJ....all your hard work (and that of everyone involved in the day-to-day operations of this site) has really paid off....and frankly it's great that you are getting some kudos in the industry about it!

Enjoy your sushi...that's what we had for dinner as well.

Well at least nobody was mean,or swearing at you TJ !!!!. :w00t: ..nice to hear that we are all very popular,and great news that more sponsors are comming aboard,and well everyone likes more contests,can never have too many of them right :PB) ,glad you had a great time down here,have a safe drive home....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Congrats on the kudos TJ...Sounds like it was worth the T.O. drive and park....Was planning to get the boys down today, looking forward to meeting some more members and take in the dog shows. However, due to a, um, procedure, a couple of hours at BPS was all I could muster. Try and save some to get the boys out tomorrow. Was all good tho, got to chat with Mark Kulik, for a wee while, so made up for it..

Glad to hear you had a good weekend down there TJ.

Parkings not that bad if you want avoid it all you can park underground there and walk right in leave your coats in the car, no probs at all. Same price as parking outside.

Good Luck with the new contacts.

Mike

Glad you got some good feedback TJ. It would have been nice to see you, but it was Whitey and Laker closer today. Probably why you didn't bump into many OFC'rs.

Enjoy your sushi you two. Make sure you use lots of WASABI!!!!!! :lol:

Joey

Once again, its all of us that make the community, and my partners here do the brunt of the work, no doubt about that... me I'm just a northern redneck who's not capable of much more than tapping at a keyboard.

Good to meet you guys yesterday beside the Chalets Du Huard booth where I was standing in for a friend for a few minutes while they did the old "bathroom/smoke/coffee" trick in 10 minutes or less!

BTW great job for this online community again!!

jjcanoe

I didn't heckle you...I was going to bounce off your front hood and then sue you for everything you have. But since you were driving so slow I decided to try and climb through your driver side window instead. Was good seeing the two of you agian, been much to long. Would have been interesting to try and find a pair of Knipex to cut your tounge out of my muskie bucktail had you slipped up trying to show me your perception on oral........ :stretcher::whistling:

The show was good, lots of lines... Line up for parking and drive around for about an hour before you find any, line up to get in (good thing I didn't have to stop and get my tickets :thumbsup_anim: ), line up for food, line up to talk to people at the booths.

Not sure if I'll go back, this was my first time back at the Sportsmans show in a number of years....Now I remember why I stopped going.

T.J. I don't know why you could not find me :whistling: I was where I said I was going to be waiting for a reason to go for a :dunno: Was wearing my hat and all but no one showed up so I had to dig in to the cooler around 3.00 pm by myself :unsure: Never met or seen any one thats for sure or they didn't want to find me :(:(

Ya I know... we wound up getting there late and it was so packed... im sorry i didnt get t see ya.. it was cazy there. next year, i think we are gonna go on friday morning instead when its alot slower....

I can't believe I never saw an OFC shirt/hat in 2 days at the show + this afternoon at Bass Pro!

Cory, try a weekday next year. I was there on Wed aft by myself, and again on Sat to show Hubby around...absolute night and day.

Wed was beautiful - tons of room, everyone fresh and rested, nice clean water in the tank. Parking spots galore, got a great spot in the underground on my first pass - and nobody even near me. Enjoyed myself, left the event relaxed and smiling.

Satuday was the complete opposite. Everybody seemed tired and frazzled. The tank looked like it was full of yellow vaseline. We spent a solid 1/2 hour in just ONE traffic jam. By the time we got outta there, Jeff looked about as happy and relaxed as a wet soapy cat.

Weekdays. You may not get the "we'd rather sell it than pack it" deals, but you won't need therapy after, either. :thumbsup_anim:

I can't believe I never saw an OFC shirt/hat in 2 days at the show + this afternoon at Bass Pro!

Cory, try a weekday next year. I was there on Wed aft by myself, and again on Sat to show Hubby around...absolute night and day.

Wed was beautiful - tons of room, everyone fresh and rested, nice clean water in the tank. Parking spots galore, got a great spot in the underground on my first pass - and nobody even near me. Enjoyed myself, left the event relaxed and smiling.

Satuday was the complete opposite. Everybody seemed tired and frazzled. The tank looked like it was full of yellow vaseline. We spent a solid 1/2 hour in just ONE traffic jam. By the time we got outta there, Jeff looked about as happy and relaxed as a wet soapy cat.

Weekdays. You may not get the "we'd rather sell it than pack it" deals, but you won't need therapy after, either. :thumbsup_anim:

Yup, thats exactly the way I saw it I went Wed/Sunday and feel the same way although there were a few things that had up to $500 knocked off the price at the show, being the pontoon I wanted... guess I am still waiting though... Got teh contacts I think I need and lots of info and lures, so good to go!