Isn't This A Fishing Board?

Stern Rules

every year someone complains about non fishing threads and having a different section for non fishing threads and there are some other sections...m

but the day to day chat about peoples daily life and problems and what interests them is what makes this message board different then other boards

and IMHO makes it the best board out there.....

if you like it great join in

if you don't like it, learn to live with it

if you can't take it......you know where the door is...but we never lock the door so you are welcome back

...well I guess it has been locked for a few people...........

every year someone complains about non fishing threads and having a different section for non fishing threads and there are some other sections...m

but the day to day chat about peoples daily life and problems and what interests them is what makes this message board different then other boards

and IMHO makes it the best board out there.....

if you like it great join in

if you don't like it, learn to live with it

if you can't take it......you know where the door is...but we never lock the door so you are welcome back

...well I guess it has been locked for a few people...........

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Well said Terry - and pretty much how I feel

Don

Go back and read thru the pages of this forum and you'll find some of our longest & most interesting discussions ever, have had absolutely nothing to do with fishing or fishing related subjects.......jeeeeeez, even old Chuck Norris got 35 responses for his birthday :thumbsup_anim:

Not to mention all those great non fishing related pictures of New Brunswick and Maine that you posted here. It's just the way it is here. Folks share things but a lot of it happens to be fishing related.

Glad you got this one out of the way though. Only two rants left before trout opening.

Actually, no it isn't a fishing board. It is a community of people from many walks of life, with many different intrests. Our common bond is fishing and looking out for each other. While many "fishing boards" come and go, this board just continues to grow. Stick around for a while; it'll grow on you!

Actually, no it isn't a fishing board. It is a community of people from many walks of life, with many different intrests. Our common bond is fishing and looking out for each other. While many "fishing boards" come and go, this board just continues to grow. Stick around for a while; it'll grow on you!

Well said Cliff . That makes me feel like I'm part of a family here. It's funny I've only ever met a couple guys from the board, but I feel like I know some of you. Maybe some day I'll get to see you guys LOL.It seems many of you have more time off and yes,I'm jealous as hell ;) . P.S. About the hockey, I bleed blue and white. Yes it's a sickness. I can't help it. I need my hockey fix almost as much as my fishing fix and being it's winter,it's hockey time. I also spend my spare time in the winter time trying to learn more about fishing.Goodness knows, I need all the help I can get :blush: This board has a nice mix of everything and some members who really know how to fish,are willing to help and trash talk the Leafs. You gotta love it.

Edited by kennyman

It's not like hockey threads are replacing fishing threads, one doesn't negate the other. There are as many fishing threads as people post, having non-fishing threads removed isn't going to increase the number of fishing threads so pass them by and read what strikes your fancy

How cum it is always the guys with just a few posts under their belt are the ones that want separate forums for each subject ?

I go on various boards that do just that and rarely read any more than one forum...

Spiel said it best...don't like the subject don't read the thread...

When out fishing, my friends and I discuss many things besides fishing...no different here...

After you have a couple thousand posts under your belt come back and see if you still feel the same...those oldtimers know what they are talking about (most of the time)... :rolleyes::whistling:

Edited by Beans

What annoys me is that people keep calling what Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal do HOCKEY :oops:

With the excpetion of toronto, ottawa is clinging to the play offs and montreal is in first!

I think its great that everyone post things on different subjects. The definintion of community is

1: a unified body of individuals: as a: state, commonwealth b: the people with common interests living in a particular area; broadly : the area itself <the problems of a large community> c: an interacting population of various kinds of individuals (as species) in a common location d: a group of people with a common characteristic or interest living together within a larger society <a community of retired persons> e: a group linked by a common policy f: a body of persons or nations having a common history or common social, economic, and political interests <the international community> g: a body of persons of common and especially professional interests scattered through a larger society <the academic community> 2: society at large3 a: joint ownership or participation <community of goods> b: common character : likeness <community of interests> c: social activity : fellowship d: a social state or condition

Kinda sounds like us. When someone is haveing a rough time, they get some of the support they need here. Advice on repairs, you get it here. Product information sharing, you get it here. Rib your buddy about the hockey team they cheer for

Everyone looking after one another in some way, fits into the definition of community don't ya think?

Cheers Guys and Gals!

Denis