I guess you all do have some snow up their

aplumma

I was driving down I95 when i passed a camper with 2 ft of snow on its roof. I was puzzled until I read the Quebec license plate. I guess it never a bad time to want a little warmer weather. I waved as i drove by and in their best Hawaiian shirts they grinned and waved back. I hope they enjoy their trip.

Art

9+ FEET here in Ottawa so far this winter and counting with another 20 to 30 cm on Monday. 30cm=1 foot for our friends in the south who dont know the metric system :wallbash: . 1971 we had over 14 feet which is the most on record here I believe and 1977 there was I believe around 11 feet. It would be kinda cool if we got close to those amounts this winter. But in all honesty I need spring!

9+ FEET here in Ottawa so far this winter and counting with another 20 to 30 cm on Monday. 30cm=1 foot for our friends in the south who dont know the metric system :wallbash: . 1971 we had over 14 feet which is the most on record here I believe and 1977 there was I believe around 11 feet. It would be kinda cool if we got close to those amounts this winter. But in all honesty I need spring!

I remember the big storm in 1971 badger it was the one time snowmobiles out numbered cars on the roads.

I was 5 yrs old but remeber the snow being as high as our windows on our house.My snowblower is working hard this year.

:canadian:

Edited by Mike the Pike

Actually we are behind in our snow this year. We have had it snow twice so far with only 3-6 inches each time. Without the snow we will get behind in our ground water and have another year of low flow in the rivers. We seem to have more ice storms the last few years were the wet comes from the South and the North sends down some cold air at the same time. When we have snow we usually have a nice white ground cover for a day or two then it warms up enough to melt it off then a few weeks later a new blanket comes. I lived up further North in Michigan were it snowed and it was white then dirty white and did not melt for along time it was not as much fun in my opinion. I guess if you focus on only one aspect of a regions weather it is easy to dislike it because the balance to Michigan was the nice cool summers and the longer daylight was very nice.

Art