Minor Milestone Nf

bpsbassman

Well, I went to give blood today and it turns out that its my 75th donation. They make a big deal out of it and take a picture and all that stuff. I always wear the "Be nice to me I gave blood today" sticker, 'cause it does initiate conversation about it back at work. The fact is that only 2% of the population donates.

I know a lot of people aren't able to give for various reasons, but believe me, if you are able to you should consider it. Seriously, it's probably the most important thing you can do to give a little bit back to society.

When my Mother-in-law was in the hospital, she shared a room for a few days with a lady who was in getting platelets and happened to be the same blood type as me. She couldn't stop thanking me enough for donating. It made a major impact on me.

My only regret is those times I would fall off the wagon for a few years and not donate.

Traditionally, they are short of blood at this time of year, so if you get a chance, take an hour out of your day and help save a life.

I just hope there's some blood when I need it.

I'll get off my soapbox now :rolleyes:

Congrats Roger....that is quite an acomplishment, very worthwhile, and something to be proud of!

My work has the Red Cross in every 8 weeks or whatever the minimum time is between donations....and if I'm not traveling, I'm donating.

I would guess by the nature of most OFC'ers that there are lots of "blood giving" types of folks here!

Merry Christmas,

dk

When I was in grade 5, I tested positive for TB....turns out I didn't have it, never exhibited symptoms, but that there is a risk I could be a carrier. I totally forgot about it and when I was 25, I went to give blood. My office frequently hosts blood drives for the Red Cross. They asked me the TB question, and I was excluded. :dunno::(

Because of that, I volunteered for the day...giving out cookies to people as they left....I figure it was the least I could do. :)

Great to hear Dustin & Squid!

I volunteered for the day...giving out cookies to people as they left

That was cool ccmt ..........would have been easy to just walk out.

Rich, that's what happens to me periodically. Best thing to do is pick up the phone and call 1-888 2 Donate (1-888-236-6283). Then you're comitted :santa::santa:

Jesus loves u even more now.

That's great. It's really unselfish and thoughtfull of you. I guess u donated gallons of the stuff by now. Are u a special blood type???

"Blood it's in u to give"

I'll be less stingy with my supply in the future, it's people like you that save others. Wat a nice gift. :santa: