Crazy Weather

solopaddler

Just got in from my overnight shift at the weather office.

Wow, just crazy! Temp's actually rose to a high of 8C by midnight...

The pressure was dropping like a bomb all night though and between 3

and 4am the cold front finally moved in and the temp went from 7.9C to -4C.

Precip changed from intermittent rain showers to heavy snow showers almost instantly

and the wind went went from south at 10 knots to southwest 25 gusting to 45 knots!

Talk about a flash freeze!

On the way home through Ancaster multiple traffic lights were out and trees were down everywhere!

If you're commuting careful on the drive today!

It went from +2 with rain all the way down to -28, in less than 24 hours here. -45 with the wind chill factor. The entire town is a wind blasted skating rink now. I'm dreading leaving the house, but here goes.... :wallbash:

I love crazy weather. Had some tree branches in the backyard this morning. As long as they stay away from the boat I'm okay with it.

I watched the weather channel last night and they said the wind would start in my area around 4 a.m. I woke up at 3:30 and there was nothing, then I was woken up again at 4:30 by howling wind, so they were pretty accurate on that.

Joey

As long as you're not the one bringing the buns Joe!

Wild night up here as well..went from about +6 and a total melt down to a flash freeze and wind gusts that must have been topping 80K as I can't remember the last time the house windows rattled so hard and even the roof/house was creaking from gust loads keeping us up most the night. Currently gustin 54K out of the s/w and -10C

Canadar eh !

ice3.jpg

Not only is the wind and messed up temps bad, but the river has come up three YES THREE feet since 8:00 this morning. I just got back from the marina where my boat is sitting on an electric lift for now. I had to go trim the motor cause all the waves and ice were hitting the lower unit. By the time I finished that I had to put the plug back in and put ropes on it. I have a feeling I will be back down there in about two hours to go tie it to the dock because it will be floating and getting smashed.

I'm at home sick with a nasty cold. Ears and nose all plugged up complete with cough. Glad I'm inside and not in that nasty wind. Our backyard rink is littered with stuff that broke off our tree....and thanks to the cold front it all froze into the ice.

Glad you're home Cliff, get well; the window that got done in was on the 17th floor, Now it's piece of Plywood I hear.

Just stick handle around the branches just like the pros do with pilons.

:whistling:

Wow...a window got blown in at work? And I missed it? Oh well....LOL