My First Walleye Through the ice

Jen

Monday January 28th, I headed on onto the river for the first time to try for some walleye through the ice. What a morning it was, learning how to use the vexlar…yet I did manage one fish for my efforts. It was a great time and the weather was perfect.

My first Walleye ever through the ice…

Picture010.jpg

I took these pictures tonight of my boys out their trying their luck. They didn’t catch anything but had a great time watching other people bring in their catches.

Picture009.jpg

20080128-195700.jpg

20080128-195344.jpg

20080125-165736.jpg

I can not believe the thrill of watching a fish come up to your lure and actually getting it on the ice.

Cheers,

Jen

Edited by Jen

Great report Jen! (or should I say Bernadette???? haha). Congrats on your first walleye thru the ice. Must have been a great feeling for you. I must say it's been great getting to know you through your posts. It's always a pleasure reading them!

Edited by ccmtcanada

Nice un way to go grl!

......Its funny i nearly headed down that way today, But i was unsure of the ice conditions. So strange seeing people ice fishing there and just up the river in cally D its all open water and there were guy's in the water wading and catching some nice fish from what i could see of shore.

Again grl nice one! :clapping:

Very nice Jen

Hope to get out there Friday if this rain doesn't screw things up

Cheers

Craig

Looks like I won't get back on the ice till Friday atleast... so I am keeping my fingers crossed as well.

Never know with the weather... it didn't take long for the ice to come back though.

Cheers

Jen