A couple of good days fishing on BOQ

DT10Sam

Hi Everyone,

Well I decided to take a break from doing our year end inventory at the store and took up the offer of going fishing with the famous Bay of Quinte guide Hawg Hunter. Funny he has always said that he will take me and put me on big fish whenever I want to go out fishing. Well I got tired of his persistent nagging to get me out of the store and I finally said alright lets do it. I followed him out and after parking the vehicles I hopped on his atv and out we went. Hawg Hunter drilled enough holes and started to jig and before I could get my rig setup he already had one on the ice. I guess this was going to be either a good day of fishing or an embarrassment on my behalf for challenging his expertise. We got started and before I knew it I had one on the ice as well. All in all we got 7 walleyes and we kept 5 between us with the largest being 5 lbs. Hawg Hunter then caught a 8lber and an 11lber and released them both. Too large to keep and of course everyone knows that the best eaters are usually under 6lbs. Hawg Hunter then decided that he should bring some huts out in the area and placed them right over the holes that we were fishing and come back for the afternoon bite.

Here is our morning catch.

MorningBite.jpg

The afternoon bite was slow and just before dark I landed a 12 lber and was thrilled to get a large walleye up through the hole.

EveningBite.jpg

Released her for someone else to catch.

Release.jpg

The next day, Hawg Hunter had 4 people to guide out on the Bay and 2 gentleman from New York state came to our store this morning waiting to be taken out and 2 other local young anglers. The one angler from the USA was thrilled in landing his first Bay of Quinte walleye weighing in at 9 3/4 lbs.

USA1.jpg

I then decided to head out today for the afternoon bite and meet up with Hawg Hunter and see how everybody he was guiding was doing today. The afternoon bite was extremely slow and one good size walleye was missed at the hole and the 2 young anglers missed a couple of walleyes as well. They were simply thrilled that they were able to mark many fish with their Vexilar and they will return to the area this weekend for more fun. Our guests from the USA also landed a nice pike and released it as well as several perch.

My 2 afternoons of fishing ended on a great note and here is the final results.

Dinner.jpg

Thanks Hawg Hunter for making this outing a great experience I did need the break from work and you have made a believer out of me, great job.

Best regards,

Sam

Edited by DT10Sam