President of Quebec Wildlife Fed. charged

Lostchild

This makes me chuckle a bit.

My cabin is in N/W Quebec, and honestly, it seems to me that the locals up there have one thing in mind when it comes to fishing: keep everything caught regardless of size or species, LOL!

I'm not painting everyone with the same brush, that's just been solely my experience...so I don't want to see any hackles raised here...

They don't seem to be very conservation minded in the nether regions of the province :) .

3 falls ago I travelled to the Chibougamau area with a buddy of mine from Rouyn Noranda to fish brook trout.

The limit in that zone is 15 trout (crazy eh?).

My friend was on a mission to bring his limit of trout home. When he realised I wasn't keeping any to bring home he was ecstatic since he figured he could take my limit as well LOL!

He wasn't too impressed when I said no way! (he got over it though :) )

The numbskull in question turned in his resignation this afternoon.

Solopaddler is correct in that yes, there is that 'keep your limit' mentality in the nether regions of the Province. However, I must add that the MNR here do a very good job of nailing poachers. Calls to the MNR hotline here are generally answered (officers get to the site of the infraction) within an hour of the call.

Another thing to bear in mind is that the Quebec Wildlife Federation is NOT the MNR.

I'm keeping a very close eye on the story.

This makes me chuckle a bit.

My cabin is in N/W Quebec, and honestly, it seems to me that the locals up there have one thing in mind when it comes to fishing: keep everything caught regardless of size or species, LOL!

I'm not painting everyone with the same brush, that's just been solely my experience...so I don't want to see any hackles raised here...

They don't seem to be very conservation minded in the nether regions of the province :) .

3 falls ago I travelled to the Chibougamau area with a buddy of mine from Rouyn Noranda to fish brook trout.

The limit in that zone is 15 trout (crazy eh?).

My friend was on a mission to bring his limit of trout home. When he realised I wasn't keeping any to bring home he was ecstatic since he figured he could take my limit as well LOL!

He wasn't too impressed when I said no way! (he got over it though :) )

Funny how close to home that hits. I'm from the Timiskaming region, on the Ontario side. The differences and beliefs in conservation are night and day!

Still, I can't believe that a person supposed to educate people on conservation can be over a 20 limit fish... C'est une esti de farce, gay man y devrais se faire claquer ses doigts. Encore mieux, qu'on y enlêve son permi de pêche et on donne sa position a quelqu'un qui crois en se qu'il prêche. Sti de taberns que sa me fait chier!

Aye Roy, que c t'es pense grand?

cheers

HD

The numbskull in question turned in his resignation this afternoon.

Solopaddler is correct in that yes, there is that 'keep your limit' mentality in the nether regions of the Province. However, I must add that the MNR here do a very good job of nailing poachers. Calls to the MNR hotline here are generally answered (officers get to the site of the infraction) within an hour of the call.

Another thing to bear in mind is that the Quebec Wildlife Federation is NOT the MNR.

I'm keeping a very close eye on the story.

Right on, Speedy Gonzalez!

Terry, when my Bud Highdrifter gets riled, he switches languages so as not to blow our bad word filter :-)

LOL. I can't help it. When I scream debauchery, it's gotta be in french. Plus the language fits the situation. Those who know, understand.. I... I... MAUDIT D'ESTI qui en a des caves de ce monde. A distint society be damned..

The numbskull in question is even stupider than most stories make him out to be. He will be in court tomorrow facing two charges. One of possessing more than his limit of fish (specs) and another charge of obstruction of justice.

He was fishing with family not far from his home when an auxiliary CO caught him with more fish than was the legal limit. As if that wasn't bad enough, he threw the fish (evidence) overboard. The CO dove into the water and recuperated the ill gotten gains. (Yes folks, this guy needs a medal). So what we have now is this fool facing two charges tomorrow...both of which carry a fine of $100,000.00 (EACH).

There are some other mildly interesting hooks to the story as well.

BTW, a good friend that I spoke to this afternoon wondered out loud what this organization will have to boast about during their stint at the outdoor show.

As the stomach turns......

LOL

it's all good

I was just play with the google translator...for fun

seems there is no translation for taberns

HAHAH. What a coincidence, I am a translator. Taberns, is short for tabernacle. Derived from the catholic church. When quebekers swear, they usually take the name of the lord in vain. so caution is recommended. Still, I ate de french!

Wait isnt this akin to the 51 perch all in one cooler ? So many family members so little room in their bags (oh and by the way dont forget .. in Quebec its a 10 fish limit per person)

Lets remember theres always another side to the story ... then... afer da tryl ... lez ang the ba'tard avec is frenz !

Funny how close to home that hits. I'm from the Timiskaming region, on the Ontario side. The differences and beliefs in conservation are night and day!

Still, I can't believe that a person supposed to educate people on conservation can be over a 20 limit fish... C'est une esti de farce, gay man y devrais se faire claquer ses doigts. Encore mieux, qu'on y enlêve son permi de pêche et on donne sa position a quelqu'un qui crois en se qu'il prêche. Sti de taberns que sa me fait chier!

Aye Roy, que c t'es pense grand?

cheers

HD

This is a joke esti, worse there should let itself its fingers slam. Again better, that one there enlêve his permi of fishing and one gives his position has someone that believes in itself that it preaches. Sti of taberns that his does me to dump!

this is wat the translator says

:asshat:

This goes to show some are either not thinking or greedy. Resources should be available to all. . the sad thing this type of greediness is everywhere in canada.I do remember my days of quebec trout fishing. it was incredible. i certainly hope it continues for many generations to come.

Very disappointing, the lead of a conservation organization!

What’s not surprising for conservation organizations, members in this case the President, regurly practice habitual disregard towards fish and game laws.

In this case the lead was caught, in many cases I have observed, the organizations turns a blind eye to the list of law breaking members

Its unfortunate, because their role is to exemplify, educate and propagate the true spirit of conservation in fish and game

His actions and behaviour are highly questionable, to even consider defending himself would a complete disrespect and disregard towards all users of the resource

Considering the abuse and infraction, I would suspect a person in this situation would abuse the legal system also

But the flip side of this case,why an auxilliary CO?

What relationship did this Auxilliary CO have with the President?

(There seems to be evidence of colaborated works between these 2 individuals)

Hopefully this is not a case of abusive and vindictive power abuse

Edited by marc thorpe