None fishing.....at this point !

irishfield

Made a good deal this week. F-in-law was pissin and moaning that his Step-daughter needed a sled to pack the horse riding trails at the farm, and that he didn't want to give her his sled to do so. So to that I said "today's your lucky day..... give it to me instead and you can have my Bravo 250 for the farm" So we loaded "mine" up and dropped it off, and picked his up on the way back. '98 Skidoo 500 Touring SLE - 2 up/long trackwith only 710 miles on it... fresh out of service for new battery/skis/tune up etc. Guess he forgot that the Bravo was his toooooo ! ! LOL :thumbsup_anim:

Only issue that I then found was it had no tow hook to pull my fishing supplies behind me. Instead of the drive to Royal Distributing and $30... if figured I must have something around. An old gate hinge... an aircraft U bolt (originally used to hold Norseman aircraft interiors to the steel tube frame)... a couple washers and nuts and we're good to go. Lengthened my pull bar on my supply "cutter" to 4 feet from it's original 18" and we're ready to hit Temagami now.

Counting down the days for Laker opener with the boys ! :Gonefishing:

Edited by irishfield

No problems where we're goin Lex... -20 C right now.... -30 C Saturday and still some snow on the ground and more to come...and why I'm worried about slush again. It was a nightmare last year with Ron pulling me around with his big Arctic cat most of the time in slush as deep as my boots.

Wayne, you might want to test run that hitch first before you take on a long trip.

its just my thought but im thinking that the U bolt that holds it onto the grab bar will spin around on the bar when you stop

and the tow bar will hit the back of the sled.

Dann

Wayne, you might want to test run that hitch first before you take on a long trip.

its just my thought but im thinking that the U bolt that holds it onto the grab bar will spin around on the bar when you stop

and the tow bar will hit the back of the sled.

Dann

Good catch...maybe drill and tap a 1/4"-20 hole through underside of hing into grab bar and use a set screw?

I need to same on mine...

Yah it might spin...but I can't move it with a hammer right now. I've got extra u-bolts and hardware in the storage pouch. Note these U bolts are flat strap...not round stock like CTC hardware. So there is more of a contact surface to hold it tight. They do have a couple holes in them...so I guess I could drill and add a rivet to stop rotation. Just didn't want it permanant and I only use it for max 8 days a year on the lake. All I am pulling is a homemade wood cutter on sled skis...with a bit of ice fishing gear in it. No real weight.

Yah it might spin...but I can't move it with a hammer right now. I've got extra u-bolts and hardware in the storage pouch. Note these U bolts are flat strap...not round stock like CTC hardware. So there is more of a contact surface to hold it tight. They do have a couple holes in them...so I guess I could drill and add a rivet to stop rotation. Just didn't want it permanant and I only use it for max 8 days a year on the lake. All I am pulling is a homemade wood cutter on sled skis...with a bit of ice fishing gear in it. No real weight.

Hey Wayne - you wouldn't have any pictures of the homemade sleigh would ya? - I am in the process of building one and am looking for ideas.

Thanks

Don

I'll take some tomorrow Don so you can see how it comes apart. Deck is attached to skis and the 4 sides are all hinged together and slip over the deck edge....so you can remove it and fold it flat to put in the truck.

Here's a pic from last year with it loaded up ready to go up the lake to the island....as the ice wasn't thick enough to drive on with the truck. All our gear, food, clothes etc for 5 days.

feb07leah.jpg

You can see how short the tow bar was...lengthed that to 4 feet and I picked that length as that's the length of the cutter and the bar folds underneath flat for when you have it broken down in the back of the truck.

Here's another shot of it and one in the back of the truck 2 years back.

temh.jpg

Cutter base on the left... sides on the right.

temtrip1.jpg

Edited by irishfield