4th annual Fishing for Tyler

motv8tr

Well it's that time of year again :D:thumbsup_anim: I'm a little later getting things together this year, but I have no doubt that it will be another great event :clapping: I will put up the official post with all the details in a couple of weeks as I know the Mods prefer not to pin items or events until a month ahead of time.

This post is to ask for and confirm help and prize donations. I don't like to make assumptions but I'm guessing/hoping I'll have the usual suspects helping out in the cooking dept as they all do such a great job :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

For those of you who have expressed an interest in helping/donating prizes I have a letter that I send out to companies so if you need one please PM me your e-mail address and I will forward it to you.

If things work out I hope to be able to tell you about a couple of incredible prizes, just waiting for confimation :whistling:

For those of you who are unable to attend but wish to donate a prize you can send it to me at 167 Timcourt Dr. Penetang Ont, L9M 1R2 , or PM me and I'm sure we can find a way to get it to the event.

Thanks in advance,

Maureen

As always, I'll see what I can do for food donations ;)

I won't have an answer though until about 2 weeks from now...person is on vacation.

Looking forward to it, hopefully the fish co-operate better this year, and that we don't need to fish out of boats :rolleyes:

Tony

Moe, you know I'll be there and help anyway I can, it's one of the things I look forward to every winter. Do you still have the food list I sent you last year? I think that if we can keep it to the burgers, saussages, and hot dogs it will make things a bit easier but a big pot of chilli wouldn't hurt and wouldn't be too hard for the cooks to handle. If I remember I gave you an estimated list of quantities that would be required based on past years. Might be easier to get the food donated if we could give specific quantities of what is required.

I've already contacted you about donating a prize Mo, but just thought I'd confirm here.

Count me in for a spinning rod and reel combo.

If for some reason I'm not able to attend, I'm sure someone else can deliver the goods for me.

Hopefully the temps co-operate or we'll need the boats for this one.

I hate global warming. Let winter be winter. DANG !!!

Moe, as in the past I will be there manning a spatula/flipper. I agree with Big Cliff, burgers, sausages and hot dogs should be the main fare.

This is also the weekend of the Innisifl Winterfest, and a free family fishing weekend. Shoulf help with turnout.

Let me know what else will be needed.

John

Hopefully the temps co-operate or we'll need the boats for this one.

I hate global warming. Let winter be winter. DANG !!!

I had a look at the long range temps for the next two weeks and it looks like good icemaking weather ahead especially the second week...Accuweather

Saturday, Jan 19More Details Cold with snowLow: -17 °CHigh: -7 °CSunday, Jan 20More Details Powdery snowLow: -14 °CHigh: -10 °CMonday, Jan 21More Details Cloudy and cold with flurriesLow: -8 °CHigh: -6 °CTuesday, Jan 22More Details SnowyLow: -14 °CHigh: -5 °CWednesday, Jan 23More Details Mostly cloudy and colderLow: -15 °CHigh: -11 °CThursday, Jan 24More Details Very cold with clouds and sunLow: -14 °CHigh: -11 °CFriday, Jan 25More Details Very cold with flurriesLow: -10 °CHigh: -10 °CSaturday, Jan 26More Details Times of clouds and sunLow: -10 °CHigh: -8 °C

Edited by Beans

I think that if we can keep it to the burgers, saussages, and hot dogs it will make things a bit easier but a big pot of chilli wouldn't hurt and wouldn't be too hard for the cooks to handle.

Ok, you guys are the cooks, I was going to look into the pre-cooked chicken breasts again.

Hey Cliff, I don't seem to have the list, or at least I can't find it. I do remember we had lots left over. Hot dogs and Hamburgers along with the buns and condiments I can likely get from Sobey's again, but I will confirm that next week. Coffee and hot Chocolate will be provided again from Starbucks. Did many people request chicken? I was thinking 50 Hot Dogs and 50 Hamburgers, that should be more than enough I imagine, added to the sausages and chicken if we get it, but I'll leave that up the cooks to decide as you would all have a better idea I imagine. Maybe get fewer hot dogs? I think the sausages were popular....

Maureen

Ok Moe, I'll see if I can find the one I sent you. It was based on the number of items/people expected. We have company this weekend but I'll see if I can sneek a few hours in the morning to look for it.

Tony the chicken was wonderful but with the resources we have to work with and the fact that we have to have things ready in advance we have to limit what we offer or we just can't handle it. Trying to keep things warm without drying them out is a bit of a challange. Mind you, if you'd like to work the kitchen with us this year and take care of the chicken...... We'd love to have you there with us!!!!!! :clapping:

I'll bring a BBQ and tank again this year, anyone arranged for the port-a-potty yet? Can we get the smoker again this year?

Porta pottie will be provided by the township like last year...as far as i know....kalvin, I don't think I have the contact for Weston, I sent them the thank you card and that was it, the rest was your doing my friend :D sorry but I lost a lot of stuff from last year with a couple of computer hiccups...I know i should back up everything, last time I did that the disc failed :(

Have gotten confirmation for a few prizes and a new company sent me a message so that's cool, I couldn't talk to them today but hope to soon....things are coming together very nicely thanks to all of you :thumbsup_anim:

Maureen