on the ice

Terry

well I decided to walk out on cooks bay keswick side today

I went to Harry's tackle at the river, the place was closed...so people if you minnows or tackle, get it before you come to Keswick

as I walked to the edge of the ice I could see there was no snow on the ice and it looked

like some cars/trucks had been on the ice..

it was tough walking, not only was it ice but it was uneven making walking difficult. I walk a fair way out,there were a few guys fishing near by

I drilled a hole, with a manual auger...lots of ice, about 10"

but I only in 7' of water...it started snowing

I packed up and started walking out to deeper water, but the light snow coming down made it all but impossible to walk

so I gave up and walked to shore, man it was slipperly, I fell once but I saw two other guys walking and they must have fell 10 times

so I felt good about only falling once....

I came up on a spot were someone had fished, the pig left a timmies cup on the ice, it's ok bud I took it off the ice for you

a couple of ATVs went by

just as I got off a car drove on to the ice....

well I did learn I need cleats and my next trip will be with the atv

DSCF3207.jpg

DSCF3206.jpg

DSCF3205.jpg

Good to see you got out terry i did to to Virginia beach same thing there the walk out was not bad but coming back in was a different story with the snow and i had cleats on and i was still sliding all over and when i left a guy with a pick up drove out to the huts

rob

Guest gbfisher

You should have stayed closer to home. Went off of Gilford and did well. I brought home 50 fish in the 9 to 10" with a few in the 12' range . 18fow was good today. Bottom 5 to 10' of water was full of fish. Through back at least 250 to get 50. Fast and furious first thing. Eys balls and maggots did the trick. Diners gonna be great. :D

A quad would have been nice. 4plus inches as far as I walked.

Edited by gbfisher

Great report and pics Terry!... but there seems to be something missing....... ;)

I'm sure you'll get them next time! :thumbsup_anim:

I dunno about you, but whenever I go ice fishin' I've got so many clothes on that if I do fall down... it's like landing on a marshmallow. :w00t:

... unless I land on my head, you see I have this piece of cheap government plastic....

Well, I went down twice :) I was towing my 2 man, with my son in it!! he laughed his ass off every time I slipped.....Great day for him out there today. We caught a bunch, kept 16 nice ones for dinner. Just ate them :)

Found the same ice you did......around 8" give or take. Plenty safe. Casey's Huts was running huts out......had around 6 or 8 ready to go that I could see. They're running argo's for now, but getting the bombadier ready! It was ice as far as I could see from georgina to Thorah.....looks good.

Sinker