Your dream ICE FISHING TRIP?

bassjnkie

Probly going to northern quebec or labrador,and go ice fishing for HUGE BROOKIES..!!!! :thumbsup_anim: and maybe lake nipigon, :clapping: in one of those ice bungalows fishing for HUGE LAKE TROUT..!!! i think both of those trips would be amazing,oh and amybe great bear lake,too,i watched a fishing show and thats what they were doing ,and they caught a 6.5lb brookie through the ice :whistling::w00t: ,and tons of other ones as well,and we all know how big those lakers get so i think that would be incredible to pull a 30-50lb laker out of a big hole in the ice,!!!! B):Gonefishing: man im getting depressed already i better stop.....

My dream ice fishing trip would be to do one ive already done. Seven days up at Temagami. Bunch of buddies. Seven different lakes. Caught every species available. Lakers, Whitefish, Herring, Walleye, Pike, Brook Trout and Ling. It was a new adventure everyday and was the best ice fishing trip Ive ever done.

When I lived up in Attawapiskat, at freeze up, as soon as skidoos could cross the rivers and muskeg safely, people would go into Hawley Lake for a few days and catch hundreds of lake trout. The fish caught were selectively harvested in the 5-10 lb range because that size was perfect for smoking... smaller and larger going back. The odd pike and eye I imagine were caught too.

I'd love to make that trip with my brother-in-law Joe. Take our Bravo's and haul sleds. Set up the prospector and stay a few days.

We've done my dream for the last 3 years now.

Lake Nip and the "on ice bungalows"

I know there are far more exotic places to go.

But you get all 6 of us in the same bungalow, 3 guitars, a drum set made from tupperwear bowls or whatever else we can find, my mandolin (just learning) and we rock the joint lol, to our ears anyway.

Add Walleye, Pike, Herring and big Whities.

BBQ'd chickens at 3 a.m. and more booze than most liquor stores carry.

Fresh Walleye for breakfast. And I can stay in bed and keep fishing - perfect for the nastier hangovers.

The smiles last for weeks afterwards.

I'm pretty sure it's considered my dream location more for the friends and good times than it is for the fishing.

I swing back the other way when the ice melts....to a point...

Hookset.

Edited by Hookset