Greencoachdog

Sounds like things went well Glen. I'm sure he's a tough stubborn bugger like you..so I can't drill it home to you enough to be sure he isn't in a situation of needing to lift anything PERIOD for months!

My mother had her quad at 65 and is now into her 81st year as of May. My sister had a quad at 50..3 years ago now and even though she says she didn't...I know she was carrying around her new Granddaughter before she should have been. Now she has a sternum that is a jelly mass instead of bone structure/muscle and is permanently disabled and had to resign as head floor nurse.

I repeat...make sure he's in a position where he doesn't have to lift anything and he'll have many wonderful years ahead of him.

Wayne

Edited by irishfield

Hi Glen, sorry to hear about your dad, and your pup. I have been out of sorts for over a week myslelf(chest cold, and probably a touch of the flu). Don't remember much since last saturday. Probably was in chat, but don't remember.

Glad your dad is doing ok. My dad had quad bypass also way back in 1995, and he got through it fine. Recovered well within a year, and was back out walking a few kilometers within 2 yrs.

Hope your dad does also, and hope the pup recovers as well.

Glad to hear everything is looking up. My mom had her first heart attack last Christmas. Thankfully,she only needed a stint and is doing fine now (it was still really scarey). It was a real eye opener and it changed the way I live my life. I quit smoking and even though I'm eating better I've put on a few pounds (part and parcel. I think). I started doing the outdoors thing,camping and fishing etc. It made me put things in perspective and see what really is important. Kind of sucks at Christmas,but just think, you've already got the best present you can get. Hope the next couple weeks is a little calmer for you. Sounds like a good reason to take it easy and go fishing. :Gonefishing: . Take care.

Seems like open heart surgery is relatively routine any more with a very high sucess rate. I know of many people in the age range that had multiple bypasses, valve replacements, and all were succussful. My grandmother was in her mid 80's when she had it done and recovered wonderfully. Great news to hear your father came through this and improving each day. Just make sure he follows the Dr. instructions and don't rush the recovery process ... it will come :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: