Winter Boot Reviews.....

Burtess

I have a 10 year old pair of Kamik skidoo boots. I just replaced the felt this year, and an extra felt insole on the bottom. Only wear wool socks.

Yes......forgot to mention the extra felt insole on the bottoms.........VERY important part of warm feet.

Sinker

I've worked outside for 23 years and icefish all the time and I was looking for a good pair of boots this year. A fishing buddy told me to look at the Baffin Impact. I bought a pair they are the most comfortable boots I ever wore. They are very warm , but the best part is that they are the lightest boots i have ever worn. They are almost lighter than my running shoes. The secret though is one pair of wool socks in them and that's it. But those boots are the cat's meowww.

I just bought the same boots solo, haven't tried them yet

They're incredible, hopefully you got the right size though. I normally wear size 11 in boots but had to go to a 13 in these ones.

If you're sitting still all day try putting the toe warmer in the small pocket integrated into the boot liners.

You won't believe how warm your feet will be.

The Baffin Impact boot is a hefty boot for extreme winter weather. When you've got to be out in deep snow and frigid temps, the Impact keeps your feet cush and cozy with GelFlex shock absorbing, insulating soles and removable multi-layer inner boot technology. The double buckle closure provides customizable fit, and won't seize up in the coldest temps north of the 49th. The Impact's insulated upper has a locking snow collar so the white stuff stays outside where it belongs

The cat's meowww

BK.jpg

Anyone have any comments on the Baffin trapper/titan boots?

I have had a pair of Titans for 2 years now and they ROCK! Absolutely the warmest footwear ever. I have put well over 300 hrs (250 last year and close to 100 this year) just on the ice. In every condition from -40 to standing in 6-8" slush all day these boots have NEVER failed me. The only part I do not like about them is that they are a little clumsy as they are oversized due to the lining system. Find I kick things or mis-step the odd time. And they are a wee large to fit under my Mustang suit, can't quite zip the suit right down...though...I just picked up a Helly suit and have no issues as the leg cuffs are bigger.

The rating of -100 degrees C. is no joke.

Next to my sled they are the best ice investment I have made...even more so than the trusty Vexilar. I would be ok with forgeting the Vex but the boots would cause me to turn around!

Edited by brkygetr

i bought a pair of boots from Marks work warehouse rated to -70 they have the first 3" or so rubber, then material with liners(water proof first 3 or 4")

other pair from bass pro... 1200g thinsulate in only the bottom 3" or so...the rest are unlined rubber (waterproof all the way up)

I like both but wear the bass pro ones cause it fits easier in my float suit and they're waterproof all the way up

(big feet, size 15...) Bass Pro ones are 14, the Mark's ones are 17

and the bass pro ones are much easier to get in and out of... i can't drive in the marks ones, they're too big, gas and brake go down...

i pair either with the bass pro lifetime warranty socks, and i'm happy...

Speaking of Winter boots.........

Bought a new pair last friday night , tried them out saturday morning very comfortable and kept me toes nice and dry in the 4 inches of water . When i got home i somehow put one boot a little to close to the elctric heater , an hour i could smell rubber :dunno:

Febuary5th013.jpg

Febuary5th011.jpg

:wallbash::wallbash:

Back to CTC for another pair :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Febuary5th014.jpg

Goods boots for the price , just don't put them on the electric heater :w00t::devil: