Steelheading Sun/Mon Another Banner Trip!

solopaddler

After fishing for so many years I'm just not into punishing myself anymore, fact is I just can't stand the cold.

Was supposed to fish last Thursday but bailed for obvious reasons, Friday and Saturday were possibilities, but the weather still looked cold...

After seeing the weather forecast for Sun/Mon with both days reasonably warm I made a couple of calls. First to my co-worker who was happy to cover for me on Monday, then to my steelheading buddy to see if he was game for an overnighter. He was of course, so the plan was set.

Over the course of the last 2 days we put a lot of miles on my Honda and fished a variety of different trib's. Sunday was fun as we caught a mixed bag of Browns and Steelhead.

Started out the day though with the breakfast of champions :) .

100_2088.jpg

I thought this sign was a hoot!

100_2087.jpg

Some fish...

100_2091.jpg

100_2092.jpg

100_2093.jpg

100_2094.jpg

100_2095.jpg

100_2096.jpg

100_2097.jpg

100_2102.jpg

Today was interesting....very surprisingly it rained overnight which blew out

the river we had it in mind to fish. Fortunately there's always a back up :) .

We made our way to the estuary of one of my favourite rivers under a leaden sky with light rain falling.

No wind to speak of and temps well above zero, just perfect!

We found a decent little push of fresh fish, all full of pure evil :devil: , with lots of spunk.

We had some epic battles today!

100_2098.jpg

100_2099.jpg

100_2100.jpg

100_2104.jpg

100_2106.jpg

100_2109.jpg

100_2111.jpg

100_2112.jpg

100_2113.jpg

100_2115.jpg

100_2117.jpg

We did catch a few real booty looking ones, obviously they'd been in the river for

awhile. Some though, like this nice buck had just gorgeous colours...

100_2107.jpg

100_2108.jpg

All in all another 2 solid days of fun.

Cheers, Mike

Sweet looking fish, I assume that these are all Canadian?

I fished one NY Tributary on Saturday and got a handfull of browns. Fished locally Sunday at the mouth of a Lake O trib and got skunked...

I wish the ON government would do more for the ailing Lake Ontario migratory fishery. I live 10 mins from a great tributary, but travel hours just to catch some fish..

Tony

Fantastic report as always.

Each report you post is a dagger to my motivation to do well at university. It's been 67days, 10hrs, 25minutes and 33 seconds since I last drifted for steel...You can probably tell, I'm a little restless for the next report.

Fantastic report as always.

Each report you post is a dagger to my motivation to do well at university. It's been 67days, 10hrs, 25minutes and 33 seconds since I last drifted for steel...You can probably tell, I'm a little restless for the next report.

Hey, glad I can help ease your pain :D .

It's not looking great weather wise for the foreseeable future though, won't be long before the rivers are all locked up anyway.

Don't fret over not being able to fish, just worry about your studies.

If I could turn back the clock that's what I'd be doing....

Cheers