November Cold Simcoe Smallies

Minnow

Hey guys, First off I would like to thank the extreme angler team for the tips on how to hook into simcoe smallies in this cold weather! Thanks Guys your show ROCKS!

Okay here is my report,

Went out on simcoe today and the wind was blowing hard right from the start, I was on the water by about 7:30 am and there was a good 3-4 ft chop on the water! My small boat was takin in some water but I battled the waves and dragged tubes in 25-30 FOW and with no luck for about an hour! Then finally the wind started to die down by 9 and I had my first hit, felt like I hooked into weeds didn't even hit hard but I set the hook and fish on! The smallies fight incredibly strong for the cold water! My dad nets the smallie and it turns out to be a 4 lb 6 oz smallie! Nice One! Got the skunk out the boat!

Then we continue to fish and about 10 min after I feel a really strong WACK! I set the hook and the fish doesn't move, so I know its a HOG! After a good fight he finally surfaces what a PIG! My dad nets him and it is my best smallie this year! Weighs in at 5lb 4 oz! What a fat fish a true football!

5lbsmalliecloseupOFN.jpg

After the two nice smallies my dad hooks and lands a couple of chunky 3 lbers and and then after around 10:30 the bite completely shut down! It was really cold today with a NE wind blowing in we were fishing in -2 C with the wind chill! Freezing but the smallies were hot! Great day on the water and hope to head out a couple times more before the season closes!

4lb5lbsmallieOFN.jpg