1st Deer down (NF)

Jay T

Well we managed to get our first deer down after passing on a lot of deer, but it is time to get some meat in the freezer. Not a big rack but nice body.

My Dad and Bro left work early Friday to get out in the bush, they were all set up for 3:30 not long after that my dad spotted a nice doe feeding towards him, but he knew there would be a buck trailing her and sure enough after a couple of buck grunts he showed himself. They both fed towards him slowly, then the doe stopped about 20yrs away the buck kept coming to the scent bombs he placed out infront of him about 15 yrds away, did the loop around and came infront of him at 3 yrds. He looked up and thought he was busted but with good back drop didn't have a clue he was going to get stuck with an arrow, turned slightly quartering away and he let the arrow fly. Perfect shot lung and heart he didn't go more than 40 yrds and piled up.

Here is a few pics.

Hopefully more to come but is shut down for bow for the week due to shotgun season started today.

deer047.jpg

deer048.jpg

Mmmmmmm....YUMMYyyyyyyyyyyy....Venison steakes & sausage. :PB) ..so what time is dinner????? great shootin,hope the rest of the season is good for you as well...cheers & good-luck well done :thumbsup_anim::whistling::clapping:

~~~move over fishindevil I'm fisrt at the table, you don't even know how to spell your name right(phishendevil)

I'll take a little off the left shoulder please, and someone pass the wild mushrooms, there are some mushroom ????

Just wondering how I would start hunting? I got the time table for the hunting + gun lisence from bass pro shop. And will take the corse asap. But I'm wondering how some one with no family hunting exp get into it? is there a hunting club?

Didn't mean to hyject the topic. I didn't want to make a new post and this seem like a good idea to ask.

If you don't hunt or don't plan to, then you cannot understand. No comment is needed ,Thank-you!!!!

I do not hunt, nor do I plan to, but I do understand. Some of my friends hunt, and I always enjoy their hunting stories, and the odd cut of wild game. Good for Outdoorsman at getting one, and next time take your camera on the hunting trip with you and get a shot where you took it down as well.

congrats, you just killed bambi

Whaaaaa..... :blahblah1:

Burt :)

Edited by Burtess

I don't understand the merit in posting pictures of dead and blood soaked deers and moose hanging upside down.

I mean its not the same as posting a fish meal...its a little more "graphic".

Then again I don't hunt nor plan to.

You are reading a hunting and fishing message board. Please do not search for such things if they upset you.

They manner in which the deer was killed is no less graphic than the same manner fish are for the table. Its just easier for you to stomach.

Nice deer outdoorsman.

Edited by Riparian

Actually this is a fishing board.

:)

I see this board as an appetizer... to food... be it fish, venison, moose (meese? LOL) Beef, pork, bird... I dont care... the premise of this board is MEAT....

Mmmm and such fun tasty MEAT it is.... All finished off with a nice rich red wine... Or perhaps a nice dry white..?

Burp.

Gerritt.

I don't understand the merit in posting pictures of dead and blood soaked deers and moose hanging upside down.

I mean its not the same as posting a fish meal...its a little more "graphic".

Then again I don't hunt nor plan to.

Wow, I thought I was quite clear when I posted this!

Do you eat meat?

Or wait let me guess you buy meat from the store and forget about what also happened to that animal for it to end up on your plate <_<

I just have the nads to do it all myself from start to finish, I have nothing but respect for animals and the way they are harvested, clean and quick. I am proud to be a hunter and a fisherman I love what I do and NO one will ever tell me any different.

It is people like you that burn me, that they can be so negative towards hunting, but go and buy a big T-bone and put that on the BBQ but that is OK with you.

I think you are a hypocrite :wallbash: and should use some common sense before you post negative comments about other peoples posts.

Rooky, congrats on the doe.

And thanks to everyone else that had nice things to say.

Congratulations!

As suggested, try and take a picture in the field/woods, too. I understand that this deer isn't a wall hanger, but if you make it a habit of taking pictures/posing the deer, you will be able to get the 'perfect' picture when you do harvest the deer of a lifetime.

I haven't got one yet this year. I hope I don't end up with 2 servings of tag soup!

I do not hunt, nor do I plan to, but I do understand. Some of my friends hunt, and I always enjoy their hunting stories, and the odd cut of wild game. Good for Outdoorsman at getting one, and next time take your camera on the hunting trip with you and get a shot where you took it down as well.

Whaaaaa..... :blahblah1:

Burt :)

Yeah I'd love to see an action shot of the arrow flying and the deer infront. LOL

good shootin man, there is nothing better than that first fresh steak, or first batch of jerky for the year. i for one am glad to see when someone on this board gets a nice deer or moose, or anything else they are proud of. good luck on the rest of the season, keep us informed.

jason