Trout / Salmon Report & POACHERS CAUGHT ON FILM

ranger520vx

After I read your post I decided to go for a drive and try out my new(est) camera at the Old Mill dam. There was about a half dozen fishing the sanctuary, casting right to the base of the dam, but after spending an hour or more from a good vantage point, I never saw ONE fish caught, or even missed. Nice to have a 36mm - 432mm lense . . . . ya can count nose hairs from a good safe distance! Although I got good clear looks through my lens at about 5 of 'em (all young & W.A.S.P.y looking), I didn't get any opportunity for a good action shot. Woulda been REAL nice to get more of what you witnessed, some clown actually spearing the fish . . . . date & time stamped on the shots to boot!! The bonus here . . . . IF a charge is laid (the Crown has last say on whether to proceed) all I need is a subpoena in hand, I get full pay, for however long the case might take. This is the way to go though if you're serious . . . a good long lens, very recognizable photo of the offense taking place & your camera card . . . . so there can be no claim of 'Photoshopping' the pic. Good hunting bro . . . keep us informed on what happens!

Here's part of the issue, what were they doing with something that can be construed as a spear...

• Possess a spear for the purpose of fishing on or within 30

m (98.2 ft.) of the edge of any waters except when fishing

in accordance with the regulations (refer to Non-angling

Methods, page 7)

Good Work, but with no pictures of them actually fishing in the water, I would have to say that it would be hard to prove anything..

I would think all he would have to say is that he was gathering dead fish for his garden,

But no to discourege you, keep it up.

I know I have taken live videos and sent them to the MNR with no results... I think its better to let them know that we are watching

Dave

I can't beleive he's actually smiling in that picture !! :wallbash:

And if his wife were to have fallen forward she'd a speared herself in tha face... :stretcher:

Good For You !!! PARTICIPACTION!!!

If we all do our little part , something might actually be done by the MNR..

REPORT A POACHER

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

Good job Ranger. It's about time more people did more than look the other way when it comes to illegal fishing. You did the right thing in my book. I hope its enough to get a prosecution. I don't understand why the MNR are not down at these very obvious places checking licences and infringements in restricted areas. We all know its happening, so where is the CO to show people that they can't do it???? Nowhere to be seen and therefore they do it and will continue to do it - rape the fisheries of whatever species is easy pickings at that time of year! It's a disgrace.

Good job Ranger, I commend your efforts as a law abiding angler. It is truly revolting to see that there are people doing this and having a smile on their face as they leave. I hope the get the heavy handed reward from the MNR. I hope this makes the newspapers (especially the Chinese ones). Truly sad and disgraceful.

well , they were driving a ford..so I guess they could be down on their luck

What ever, chut up u. :asshat::lol:

Well the way it was done is not right and do they have lic,(fishing)

Although I havent aggreed with alot of the PF comments latley,if they were hungry well,I say ok,but make sure they DO get fined and then edumacated. Buddy sure does have a big smile on his face.

I applaude your effort Mark.

BTW, what color stage are the browns at ? I like it when the males get that big kyp on them.

What ever, chut up u. :asshat::lol:

Well the way it was done is not right and do they have lic,(fishing)

Although I havent aggreed with alot of the PF comments latley,if they were hungry well,I say ok,but make sure they DO get fined and then edumacated. Buddy sure does have a big smile on his face.

I applaude your effort Mark.

BTW, what color stage are the browns at ? I like it when the males get that big kyp on them.

Just playing devils advocate, Brian.

For fear that everyone would judge me for seeing me in a photo without knowing the circumstances behind them.

I do not agree with what those folks are doing, at all...

Also my F150 is just fine, Terry. :thumbsup_anim:

without knowing all the facts it could be a problem but he saw what he saw and he reported what he saw with photos

but

who knows it may turn out that these people are Inuit and have their band number and was harvesting fish according to their treaty with the Canadian peoples...

it is up to the police and courts to decide what is lawful or not

but one thing we know for sure

....they were driving a ford....enough said....LOL