PB Crappie

bbog

Was up at my favourite fishing hole in the Parry Sound area this past weekend. Spent most of my fishing time trolling the shorelines in my canoe, looking for whatever would bite. Usually it is decent Smallies and lots of small Pike. This weekend wasn't much different.

After a while of fishing I decided to cross the lake to visit one of my friends. I didn't pull up the line and made the trip across with a gold and black jointed Walleye Diver. 2/3rds of the way across I have a light pull on the line (a spot that is about 30' deep). Pull the rod from the rod holder and pull up this.

15_plus_crappie.jpg

No fight from this 15.5" 2lb personal best.

A couple of days later I think why not try finding the suspending Crappie and make the crossing again. In about the same spot (using a similar Bass/Pike lure) I find another couple of decent Crappie. The smallest of the twins put up the biggest fight of the three.

twin_crappie.jpg

These two were smaller at around 13 and 14 inches. Can't wait to have my Thanksgiving Crappie dinner! :Gonefishing:

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words.

Fang, I'll try to get out again in the next several weeks to see if I can establish a better location. I was trolling so a GPS waypoint wouldn't give me an accurate spot. It is however a small lake and I have a pretty good idea where I got them. I'll be bringing my depth finder next trip and try jigging - if successful then take a GPS reading for ice fishing purposes (if I actually take up ice fishing). Appreciate your advice.

Thanks,

Barn